Tuesday, October 2, 2012

CATCHING UP

It's 4:30 a.m. and I just woke up.  I had such a busy day yesterday.  Hopefully the rest of the week is going to be better.

I was so getting later and later and I knew I couldn't make it to work.  So I called in and asked for a personal day.

Joe had an appointment for an MRI at noon.  We had asked a friend to take him because I would be at work.  So we called her and told her we wouldn't need her and I took him.  It was a good thing I did because he needed me to fill out some forms for him.  His hands were shaking badly and he couldn't write.

When he was done, we went next door to x-ray and had my leg x-rayed.  I wasn't going to, but I had the script the doctor gave me with me and I had the time.  My leg still hurts from when I fell in August so the doctor wants to be sure the bone isn't chipped.

After that we went to see Joe's step-mom.  She had had an echocardiogram that morning and was still waiting for the results.  This was 3:00 p.m. by now.

One of the tires on my car had a slow leak.  I wanted to get it fixed and figured I was off anyway, so we left and went to the mechanic.  While we were waiting for the car Joe went across the street and went food shopping for the few things we needed.  While he was gone Mary Ann called and said she had been released and could we come back and get her.  

So as soon as the car was done we drove back to the hospital, picked her up and took her home.  It will be such a relief to not have to go back and forth to the hospital every day.  But this is what family does and I don't regret being there for her.

When we finally got home it was about 5:30 p.m.  We were both really tired, so we decided to lay down and watch TV for a little bit before dinner.  We figured if we fell asleep, we'd be in bed.  We watched "The Amazing Race", one of our favorite shows, which we had recorded on Sunday.  Then Joe fell asleep.

The phone rang a few minutes later and it was my girlfriend, Paulette.  We haven't talked to each other in so long.  Her work schedule and mine are totally different.  We ended up talking for over an hour.  It was so good to connect with each other.

By this time it was really late.  Joe woke up and said I was not cooking dinner and called out.  He got a platter, but I just got a sandwich.  Then we both went back to sleep.  This weekend has taken a lot out of me.  I must be getting old.

I just wanted to catch everyone up on what has been going on.  Thank you all so much for all your prayers.  I know I made the right decision to stay home from work because there is no way I could have done everything I needed to do if I had gone in.  Now back to bed to get a few more hours of sleep before I need to start my day.  It's going to be a long one.  And I will do my calendar page today.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'd be just as tired! It's also emotional. No wonder you are so tired.

    Did you flip your calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctor's & Hospitals are enough to drain you physically and emotionally. It doesn't have a thing to do with getting old friend.

    Hope you catch up on some much needed rest. Sounds like you have had a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.