Saturday, February 11, 2012

FRIDAY VIEWS


I can't believe it's another week gone already.  It seems as if I was just writing about Friday and here I am again.

This has been a good week.  Having another person at work has helped me tremendously.  There is, of course, an adjustment period.  We all have to get used to each other and find a good way to work together.  But I am very encouraged.

Today was my day at the Fishtown Branch.  What a difference.  For the last few months I have been the only Library Assistant there and have sat at the desk for four hours at a time.  Today I was on there two hours total.  It was kind of strange.

Joe got the results of his x-rays.  His hand/wrist are not broken.  Everything looks fine.  That is the good news.  The doctor we have been seeing called and said it was probably nothing, put some ice on it and take some aspirin.  He wouldn't even see him.

So on Thursday, Joe went to the new doctor we will be seeing.  The doctor took one look at his wrist and said it was a torn tendon.  He told him to take some Aleve, keep it in a brace for several hours a day and to use a sling when he went out.  He told Joe that it will be very painful for a few weeks, but it will heal.  He is also working with Joe to get his cholesterol and diabetes under control.  He sounds like a good doctor.  I have an appointment with him on Friday to meet him, have him look me over following my ER visit and give him my records.  I think this will work out.

I'm very tired, so I'll just end this for now with my Friday View.  Look at these pretty roses.  Aren't they beautiful?
 They are my collection of wooden roses.  Yes, wooden.  The wood is shaved paper thin and is rolled up to make the rose.   I am always amazed at how clever people are.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.  It is supposed to snow here and I still have to go to the store to get the ingredients to make an apple pie and a pumpkin dump cake for the luncheon at church on Sunday.  Sunday morning I have to get up early and make a green bean casserole.   It's a busy weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Your life is so busy. What you do in a day would take me a week.

    Yes, those roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I empathasize with Joe. I had tendon issues with my thumb.They
    HURT! They heal but seem to take forever.
    I am glad that you are getting a break of sorts at work.You were way overdue!(But then I am a little biased)Enjoy it!
    I couldn't believe the roses were made of wood!They look so real.Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad Joe has found a good doctor. It's so important to trust your doctor.

    Hope you have had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.