Saturday, February 4, 2012

A FRIDAY VIEW ON SATURDAY


I just can't seem to stay awake at night long enough to write my blog.  Even though I was at the Fishtown Branch yesterday which is usually very slow, it was busy.  What's going on here?  And once again I was the only Library Assistant there until 2 p.m. which meant that I sat at the front desk from 10-2.  That's a very long time.  I guess having a lot to do was better than just sitting there.  And I did have short spurts of down time where I was able to write my "Groundhog Day" entry.

Yesterday was pay day so Joe took me to dinner last night at the diner.  The food was very good.  But everything is changed there again.  This place keeps reinventing itself.  I guess they are having money problems because their Early Bird Special dinner is gone and their menu went from four pages to two.  They don't even have the specials page in there anymore.  It is on a board when you walk in and they have about 10 handwritten copies of it which they hand out one per table when you walk in.  Joe had fish cakes and I had meatloaf.  Because my lunch wasn't until 2:00 I wasn't really hungry so brought a lot of dinner home.  But that's a good thing.  Lunch for tomorrow after church.

There is a farmer's market at the farm today.  I am leaving in a half-hour to pick up my girlfriend Debbie and we are heading out there.  Then we are going to Chick-Fil-A for lunch.  With our crazy schedules Debbie and I don't see very much of each other anymore, so this will be fun.

Joe's wrist is much worse today.  Now the pain is all up his arm.  He got the earliest appointment he could with the doctor which is next Thursday afternoon.  (I said it could have been sooner because he didn't tell them how bad it was, but I'm not going to argue with him about it.)  At least it's better than "I'll see you in three weeks."

I called the previous doctor yesterday and cancelled my appointment for Tuesday.  The girl asked if I wanted to reschedule and I said, "No.  Actually I've changed my insurance and I'll be seeing another doctor."  She said OK like it was nothing to her.  She didn't even ask why.  From what I hear a lot of people are changing.  At least the new doctor we chose is associated with Aria Health where I go for all my cancer, cardiac and other treatments.  I was not going to change all my doctors mid-stream.

Well I have to be running so here is your Friday View (even though it's Saturday).  Every morning when I go to take my sunrise picture, Jenny joins me on the windowsill and I have to shoot around her.  I stepped back the other day and got this picture of her.  It just reminds me of an illustration from an old story book.  I really like how it turned out.


Have a good one everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, meatloaf sounds good to me today. That is definitely going on next weeks menu!

    Sounds like the library is a popular place lately. Hopefully you will get a break soon. You sound like you have been just downright exhausted!

    Love the kitty pic in the window. So precious :)

    Enjoy your weekend friend and rest up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.