Monday, February 13, 2012

AGAPE FEAST

Today's sunrise was so beautiful.  Finally after all the clouds and snow I got a pretty shot.  It was a beautiful sunny day but very cold.  It was only 22 degrees when I went to church this morning.



Last night I stayed up late baking a sugar-free apple pie for the Agape Feast at church today.  (Agape is the Greek word for the kind of love God has for us.)  I got about 3 hours sleep and then got up and baked a Pumpkin Dump Cake.  I got the recipe from my blogging friend Bonnie at What About PieThen I got ready for church and finally made my green bean casserole.  I got to church as the service was ending.  Our stoves at church are not working.  My friend, Dorothea, cooked the whole thing at her house and then the men of the church went and got it and carried it down the street to the church.  Good thing she lives close.  So I decided to wait until the last minute and take the beans over hot so there would be that much less to worry about heating up.  Since all of our messages are taped, I will watch it later this week when it gets put up on our website.

I invited my friend, Carol, from work and she showed up for the lunch.  There were about 30 people there and enough food to feed an army.  I took only three pictures because I got so caught up in talking with others and eating.


Fettucini alfredo, homemade applesauce, ham, roast beef with potatoes, onions and carrots, green beans with carmelized onions, green bean casserole and rolls.  And I didn't even take the dessert table.


The line snaked around the room to get to the food.


But some people were more interested in talking than eating.
 Everything was very good.  There wasn't much left.

After everything was cleaned up, we set up for our Tuesday morning Bible study.  Instead of having separate round tables, we now have one large oblong table.  Caity (the one in the pink suit and dark glasses above) is very artistic and she set up the table with a red tablecloth and pink heart doilies.  Very pretty.

This afternoon I crashed for about four hours.  I really needed the sleep.  Now it is late again and I need to get some more sleep so I can get up for work tomorrow.  It's been a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day & have been able to catch up on some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.