Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DONUT DAY






OK, so these are Krispy Kreme and I got Dunkin' Donuts, but you get the idea.  Today is Donut Day or Fat Tuesday.  It is the day before Ash Wednesday where you pig out on donuts before beginning the Lenten Fast.  It has been a tradition in my family for my whole life.  My great-grandmother used to actually make donuts, but I am not that ambitious.

I got the donuts for our Bible Study this morning.  We were running late, so I dropped Joe off and then went and got the donuts and came back.  When I walked in I was really surprised to see a full table with several new people.  Ten people actually showed up!  We started off with two, so that is amazing.  And it was a great study.  We were talking about the attributes of God the Father.  Everyone got into it.  Lots of questions, lots of interaction.  It was great!

There were some donuts left over, so I took them to work with me.  I was really hungry, so I decided on my break that I would have one.  The heart-shaped chocolate iced one with chocolate chips was calling my name.  I took one bite, my boss walked in, said something to me, I jumped and the vanilla creme (that I didn't know was inside) squirted out and all over the front of my black top.  Aaarrrggghhh!  Jerry started laughing at me as I grabbed tissues to try to wipe the creme off of myself and the whole thing dropped in my lap onto my jeans.  I had to go downstairs to the ladies' room and get some soap and water to clean myself off.  Then I had to sit there wet until my clothes dried off.  That will teach me to be greedy.

It was a very busy day today.  The day after a holiday always is.  At least I had four people in today so we each did 2 hours on the desk and were able to really work on the things we had to do.  That was very good.

I noticed that several people are concerned about the pain I had in my left arm, so I should explain.  I lifted some heavy boxes at work on Saturday and must have pulled a muscle.  It is fine now.  It is not my heart, because I am such a scaredy cat that I thought of that immediately.  But I was just in the Emergency Room less than two weeks ago and all the tests showed that my heart is strong and healthy.  In fact, I am 58 years old and have the heart of a 38 year old.  So I know it is not that.  

Once again it is late and I have to get some sleep.  Early day tomorrow.  Until then.

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of "Donut Day".
    Next year, cause I missed it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your 'spilled'donut.I am like that with pasta sauce.It seems I MUST wear at least a dot of it.
    Glad to hear that you're ok & the Bible study went so well.I know you really appreciated all the help at the library.That is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love donuts.....but seldom eat them anymore.

    It's always a GOOD thing to know the condition of your HEART!!

    Happy Wednesday!
    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krispy Cream YUM. Where is the K>K by you. They just opened one on Street Rd by K-Mrt here in November.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion, I found a google picture of the Krispy Kreme. I actually went to Dunkin' Donuts on Harbison and Torresdale Aves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you clarified it wasn't your heart. I've worried about that since I read that post! I'm happy it's feeling better. Your going to have to quit playing Super Hero & lifting those heavy boxes friend!!!

    I love donuts and had no idea it was donut day. I'm so buying some today & I have a reason!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.