Tuesday, February 28, 2012

BACK TO WORK

I was feeling well enough to go back to work today.  There was a pile of things waiting for me on my desk.  Oh, it's so nice to be indispensible.

I scheduled myself for two hours on the desk today (12:00-1:00 and 3:00-4:00).  Wouldn't you know they were the two busiest hours of the whole day!  For a Monday we were really busy.  Lots of problems too.  But I did get an awful lot done today.  My desk is almost cleaned off.

Although I am feeling better, I didn't want Joe to miss all the fun so I shared my germs with him.  He has been sick since Saturday night.  He didn't go to the doctor, though, because there is really nothing you can do except ride it out.  I gave him a couple of my nausea pills and that's about all he can do.  We cancelled our Tuesday morning Bible study for tomorrow.  There is no way he could do it.  And I have a rare day that I can actually sleep in.

I came home at lunch today to make sure Joe was OK and get him something to eat.  It was so nice to get out of the place.  It broke up the day and made it seem so much shorter.  I worked 4 hours, had an hour away and then worked 3 hours.  I have to do that more often.

We had strange weather on Saturday.  It was a bright sunny day in the morning.  I got up and watched the sun rise (took about 20 pictures because it was so magnificent!).  About 1:00 p.m. it started clouding up and the next thing I knew it was a blizzard.  The snow was coming down so fast and the flakes were so large that I couldn't see across the street.  Then as quickly as it started, it was over and the sun came out.  We had a magnificent sunset (that I also took pictures of).  Go figure that one out.  Not a bit of snow on the ground.  I will try to post those pictures later this week.

Well that is it for my boring life.  I'm just glad to not be sick anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are better. LD had to go to the doctor yesterday. He totally missed the parties this last weekend but hopefully will be able to be at the next one - and LAST quad party this Saturday down in Houston.

    Tis the season for illness I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.