Wednesday, February 8, 2012

IT'S BEEN THE LONGEST DAY!

Well, folks, I had this done.  It was even published.  Then I went back to correct something and the whole thing was erased.  I am so frustrated.  But with the way this day has gone, it just figures.  I am going to try to recreate it.

This morning Joe was in too much pain to go teach his Bible Study.  He asked me to take over for him.  I didn't really mind because I like keeping my hand in teaching.  Six people showed up today.  Pastor Justin had asked us to go over the 28 Articles of Faith of the Bible Fellowship Church.  Today was the first one:  The Holy Scriptures.  I spoke on the inspiration and inerrancy of the scripturesI told them that nothing could be added to the Bible and to watch out for people who did that.  Two of the people there were Catholics and were very upset with me.  But I can only tell them what I believe and I'm not going to say just anything in order to smooth things over.  I must have been interesting enough, though, because they said they are coming back next week.

After the study I went to the doctor's office  and picked up the script for Joe to get an x-ray of his wrist.  Then we headed out to the hospital.  We didn't have to wait too long.  The technician said they would read the films and send a report to the doctor and he would call Joe.  No call yet, so we don't know if it is broken or not.

I dropped Joe off at home and headed for work.   I was only an hour and a half late.  I'm glad we have Bob there now so that Diane was not by herself.  Today is the first of three days where our computer system is down while they do an upgrade.  There are a lot of things we can't do and people are not happy.

Speaking of not happy, remember the couple I told you about that came in and laid down on the window seat, reading aloud for hours?  They were in today and the girl was on the computer.  The guy sat down at the computer next to hers.  Someone else was scheduled to use that computer and when she arrived, she asked him to move.  He refused.  Jerry (the boss) told him he would have to move over and he again refused.  Then he started screaming at Jerry.  So Jerry terminated the girl's session and turned off her computer.  Then the guy started with the threats and still refused to get off of the chair.  (I should mention that they were both high at the time -- as usual.)  Jerry ended up calling the police, but before they arrived the couple left.  I said to Bob, "And you thought Richmond was a quiet and calm place."

On the other hand, we had another special program today.  The One Book, One Philadelphia selection this year is about Haiti, so we had a program of Haitian music and story telling.  They were really good.  The kids all liked them.







By the way, for those who asked if I was still taking sunrise pictures, yes, I am.  I was only going to do it for the month of January, but now I am used to getting up to get the shot.  Some of them are pretty good.  I'll try to share some by the end of this week.

Well it is way late now and I have to get some sleep to face anogther day of no computers.

1 comment:

  1. Shew, I hate when I type my post and lose it. I'm not sure anything is more annoying. Usually I retype it but occassionally I say forget it and go to bed!

    You all have some of the coolest programs at your library. I sure wish ours offered neat things like that for the kids.

    PEOPLE are crazy!!! Hopefully that man & woman won't be back to visit your library anytime soon!!!!

    Get some rest & make sure you update us when you no more about Joe's x-ray.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.