Sunday, December 11, 2011

Third Sunday of Advent


Hooray, I got online.  Don't ask me how or why it worked.  I'm just happy it did.

We had a great service at church this morning.  We sang a lot of Christmas carols.  So nice since I haven't heard many this year.  Joe was too sick to go to church this morning.  Please pray for him because he's been sick off and on for about 5 weeks now.  We could have used him at church today because the heat wasn't working.  It was cold.  He knows about heaters because that's what he used to work at.  I'm sure he could have figured out what was wrong if he had been there.

At the end of the service Pastor Justin gave each of us a CD he had made of Christmas music as a gift.  That was so nice.  I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I will while I'm driving.

After church I rushed home, changed my clothes, got something to eat and went to work.  It was a very easy day.  There were almost no patrons in the library.  In other words, it was easy money.  I like those days.

I wrote out about a third of my Christmas cards today.  Yesterday I decorated the bannister with garland and lights and put out my Lennox nativity and a little red candle on the stove.  I also hung a Christmas curtain that my sister gave me in the bathroom.  It's looking more and more like Christmas around this place.

I want to go out this week and take pictures of some of the lights in the neighborhood.  The lights across the street are amazing.  I hope they turn out. 

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is a build-up to that great day.
    Sounds like you are getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just said a prayer for Joe...sorry to hear he hasn't been feeling too well. Sounds like you are really getting in the Christmas spirit with your decorating. I've been doing a little around here too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.