Friday, December 23, 2011

Last Minute Doings


Here it is after midnight on December 23 and I am addressing Christmas cards and wondering how I am going to get all my cookies baked and the house cleaned.  How did Christmas sneak up on me so quickly?

Today I will end up my second 6 day week.  I will NEVER do that again before Christmas.  It's just too much.  I am so tired and end up snapping at Joe when he's just being himself.

We had a Christmas party at work yesterday which my boss put me in charge of.  It went off really well and everyone had a good time.  My former supervisor Donna came and Joe was invited to come also.  So much food!  We were still eating it today and there is lots more.  The Saturday crew are going to have a good time.

I won't be there on Saturday.  I will be heading up to my sister's house for the weekend.  I think once I get there that is when I will have my relaxing time.  I have Monday off from work for the holiday, so we are staying over both Saturday and Sunday nights.  It will be nice to have a Christmas where I don't have to rush home to be able to get to work the next day.

Well, back to the cards.  Hope none of you are as frazzled as I am.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like everyone had a blast. Sharing time (&food!) together is always great.
    I hope you enjoy your visit with your sister as well as your
    'down time'from work.
    Have a safe trip & a very
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should bake cookies like I do. It's called Rilling's Bakery.

    Rich and I hope you and Joe have a Merry Christmas and a safe trip to Elaine's. Just remember the detour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!
    Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.