Monday, December 19, 2011

Fourth Sunday of Advent


OK, so it's not Sunday.  But I fell asleep because I am exhausted.  So here it is 4:00 a.m. Monday, but I am still going to tell you about yesterday.

I was very late for church.  In fact I was a half-hour late and got there only for the message.  But that's the way things have been going in my life.  Besides dropping Joe off in the morning, I had to leave him there to get a ride home in order to go home, eat and get out of the house to get to work on time.

Work was very busy.  Why aren't all these people out Christmas shopping?  Why are they bothering me in the library?  At least I worked with some really great people -- my friends whom I haven't seen in a long time.  It was nice getting caught up with their lives.

After work I rushed home and got dinner.  It was a quick meal.  I made pork chops, green beans with mustard sauce and rolls.  Then I changed my clothes and we went to a Christmas Jazz Concert at church.


I had gotten up at 7:00 a.m. to make a cake to take tonight.  I used the recipe from Bonnie at whataboutpie  for her pumpkin dump cake.  Very easy and very, very good.  Everyone raved about it.  There wasn't one crumb left.  It's a great recipe.  Thanks, Bonnie!

We had trumpeter/guitarist Rick Harris to perform for us.  A lot of my friends were there and we had such a good time.




He played Christmas carols and songs like Jingle Bells and Here Comes Santa Claus.  We were all singing, talking, eating and drinking.  Mr. Harris has a friend who is a barrista  (is that how it's spelled?) who comes with him and makes all kinds of different coffees.  Since I don't drink coffee I had tea which was really good also.

We also had a sing-along time which was a lot of fun.




Mr. Harris ended by playing a song he had written for the guitar.  It was beautiful.



It was a beautiful evening.  But I am so tired.

It's 4:30 a.m. now.  I want to clean up a little, make breakfast, and head on out for another day of work.  When I get home I need to make some more cookies and finish all the Christmas cards so I can get them in the mail on Tuesday morning before I go to help Joe lead our Bible study.  Another busy 6 day week, but then I have 3 days off so I am REALLY looking forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. I like sing-a-longs. They're usually a lot of fun.I was at a theater in Atlanta that had a sing-a-long prior to the movie. It even had the 'bouncing ball'!
    I am guessing the decorated door was the church.It looks very festive.
    It's surprising you were so busy
    at work this close to the holiday.I
    am happy though as a book lover it is reassuring to know books are still wanted.I do realize that with the kindle & nook their days are numbered.I also appreciate getting greetings via snail mail.
    It seems more personal to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music, friends, food and fun must of lifted your spirits.
    When your days are long (like yours was) I love how a venue like that, just rejuvenates the body.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.