Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Second Sunday of Advent


I'm sorry I didn't think to post an advent wreath last week on the first Sunday of Advent, but here is one for this week.  I always find that Advent just whizzes by and this year is no exception.  I don't know where the time goes.

I didn't get to church today.  I have a lot of problems with my right knee and today was a day where I was in a lot of pain and not able to drive.  So I was stuck.

I did get a lot of cleaning done in between laying on the sofa with my leg elevated.  My house is looking better and better all the time.

I also got the tree finished.  Joe found an angel I had bought but never used and put that on the top.  I asked my sister to take a picture of Joe and me in front of the tree which I hope to show you tomorrow.  It is really pretty.  Almost as pretty as the lavender and silver tree I saw at the Christmas Mouse in Williamsburg in September.  Well, it's where I got my inspiration anyway.  Now I want to put a small tree up in the living room and put my ornaments on it.  Just something whimsical.  We'll see if that gets done.


As you may have gathered Elaine got here safely for her visit.  I am so glad we have tomorrow together.  We could both use some time off.  I hope to get all my gifts bought tomorrow.  I am not a shopper and just want to get it over with.


Well, off to bed.  Until later.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your knee is giving you fits. Hope it's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about shoppingf. I'm all done. Now comws wrapping. Have a good time with Elaine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.