Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to Work

It was quite an eventful day to return to work following the Christmas  holidays.  I thought it looked really empty and dark when I walked in.  Most of the time there are my co-workers milling about and the lights are on.  The only one there was my boss Jerry.  Apparently the guard  had called out sick.  So we set things up, I got the desk set up, the statistics done, the newspapers set out and still I'm the only LA there.  Finally after 45 minutes Jerry calls Diane.  Here she had decided  to stay out  sick, but instead of calling as she was supposed to do, she sent him an email.  We don't even have the computers turned on in the morning let  alone look at  our emails.   So that was not a good thing.

Jerry called our Area Administrator and we were told we could not open with just two people, that she would get a contract guard and send over an LA from another branch.  So it ended up we were not able to open until almost 2:00 p.m.  It was pouring rain and people were waiting outside to get in because we were  supposed to open  at  noon. 

On top of all of this, we had no working computers.  When the people waiting heard this, a lot  of them left.  We finally got them back up around 4:00 p.m.

I said to the technician, "What can happen next?" and he said the power could go out.  I told him not to even think that and as I said that one of the overhead lights blew and went out.

What a day!

3 comments:

  1. To bad the tec didn't say that you'd win the Lotto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet library! Imagine that!!!
    Hopefully you are having a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a stinky day back to work after a holiday!! Hope your week gets better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.