Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Go at the Library

Last week we had "Go Day" at the library.  Go is an ancient (2500 year old) Chinese game.  It is very popular in universities around the country.  We had a Go expert come to teach us the game.


Barry Physics has been playing this game for a number of years.  He said there are tournaments where people play for millions of dollars.
 

Even though I was working, I took a couple of minutes to listen to his explanation of how to play the game.  It seemed very complicated to me even though everyone said it was simple once you got the rules down.
 

There were quite a few people interested.  However, the younger kids soon drifted away to do their own thing.
 

These two kids got really into it though.  And there were a couple tables of teenagers who were so interested that Mr. Physics ended up staying 45 minutes after the program so that they could finish their game.

It was very interesting, but I think I will stick with checkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.