Friday, February 25, 2011

NOT SO BAD

I thought today would be a bad day.  After all, I was the only Library Assistant in today until Tracy came in at 2 P.M.  But it wasn't bad at all.  The worst part was being stuck behind a trash truck on Aramingo Avenue.  I couldn't get around it with all the traffic coming in the opposite direction and so even though I left in plenty of time I was half an hour late getting in.  The guard and one of the librarians were also late, so I wasn't the only one.

We had a massive rain storm here today.  Lots of rain.  Thunder.  Then the sun came out.  Five minutes later it started all over again.  Sun again.  Now it is cloudy.  The weather can't make up it's mind what to do.

The weather must have kept a lot of people away, though, because it was very quiet.  Except for one man who was screaming at both me and the librarian and was asked to leave the building.  (He will get things straightened out at another library and will come in next week to "laugh in our faces".  We'll see.)

I finished reading the book History Detectives based on the PBS TV show.  It was good, but after awhile I just couldn't read any more.  I actually didn't "finish" it because I didn't read the last chapter.  It was due yesterday and I just wanted to return it.  Today I started reading the book Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert.  She played Laura Ingalls Wilder on the TV show "Little House on the Prairie".  It is very good.  I can tell how slow the day was because I have already read 150 pages.

I am stopping off for Chinese food on the way home.  Just don't feel like cooking tonight.  Chicken and broccoli for a change.  We've gotten Moo Goo Gai Pan the last two times we ordered.  I will call before I leave and then it will be ready for me when I get there.  Sounds good to me.

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that someone would get so crazy at a library...I mean, what the heck is wrong with these people. I have been in libraries a lot and I have never seen or heard any crazy people. It's always been so peaceful. That's one of the reasons I absolutely love libraries. But...then again...I guess all the libraries I've been in have been in little rural towns...maybe that's the difference.
    P.S. I have never ordered moo goo gai pan...maybe I should give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rain (deluge?) was something else! Glad to hear you made it to work safely. It is people like that customer that make our day interesting......

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bonnie -- I don't think it's rural towns. You've just not been in the same time the crazy people are. I will say that 99.9% of the time it is quiet and a really great place to work. It's just the one time. The man was angry because he owed $18 in fines and claimed he never brought anything in late. The librarian says he is in at least once a week yelling and screaming at them about one thing or another. Apparently he is high most of the time. He needs to be banned until he can get himself together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Debbie -- Yeah, it's the interesting ones who make it into the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. moo goo gai pan sounds delish on a Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherdecor, we have a Chinese take away a block away. We try to have a Chinese dinner once a week to give me a break. The food is good, but not the best ever. However, the Moo Goo Gai Pan is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.