Thursday, February 10, 2011

BACK TO WORK WEEK

This has been a difficult week for me.  I am not used to being at work.  Although each day has gotten easier as I am getting used to the schedule and getting back into the rhythm of the work day, my body is protesting and I have had quite a bit of pain in my stomach and spleen.

Yesterday my boss was late getting in.  When he arrived he had my favorite cake with him and everyone sang "Welcome back Kathy to you" to the tune of "Happy Birthday to you."  Then at lunch they had pizza to welcome me back.  I work with a great group of people.  It was so nice.

Joe has been dropping me off at work and using the car a lot this week.  Today there was a funeral for one of the ladies at church.  I wanted to go, but couldn't so he went to pay his respects and then took his step-mom, MaryAnn, to Walmart to get some food because she said she had none in the house.  We have just a couple of dollars ourselves, so he had to charge it for her.  

She gave him all of Dad's medications to see if he could use any of it (they took some of the same drugs) and three huge bags of Dad's clothes.  We do not have room for all of Dad's clothes in this house.  We hardly have room for our own clothes, so I have a feeling the Salvation Army is going to get a big donation from us.

I've made it through four days.  One more day tomorrow at the Fishtown Branch and I will have made it through the first week.  I am praying and hoping that my records made it through the Payroll Department so that I actually get paid for this week next Friday. 

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! You made it through your first week of work. Hope you have a nice quiet evening resting at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryanne ment well. Remmber to get a receipt from the Salvation Army for your income tax. Glad yu are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Marion, she asked for the clothes back so Stephen could go through them. Of the three huge bags Joe is keeping about 1/2 of one bag. Just a few tops and a nice jacket. She and Stephen are welcome to the rest. Get it out of my house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.