Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

I have had such a wonderful day.  Joe got up with me this morning and handed me a red bag with the word "love" on it.  Inside I found a heart-shaped box of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (my favorite candy).  There was another little box in there too.  When I opened it up I found an amethyst and diamond necklace on a silver chain.


How beautiful!  The picture does not do it justice.  I wore it today and showed it off to my co-workers, but I certainly won't be wearing it to work very often.

I had been at work for only a short time when there was a knock at the door.  We weren't open yet, so the guard went to the door to send whoever it was away.  It turned out to be a fed-ex driver with a package for me.  Joe had sent me a beautiful bouquet of red tulips and blue iris called a hugs and kisses bouquet.  I was VERY surprised.  I left it at work and will try to remember to take my camera to work tomorrow so I can get a picture of it to post.  Later in the day Diane's boyfriend came in with flowers and a card for her and Donna's husband sent her flowers and candy so we all had flowers on our desks.

On the way home I stopped and got pizza and bread sticks for dinner.  We are going to go to the store and get ice cream in a little bit.   So all in all it's been a great day.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had a wonderful Valentines Day! Joe has been out buying diamonds! He is a good man! You must be living on LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told him he went overboard and he said I'm worth every penny and then some. He'd better pay off his credit cards next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, The single rose is georgous!! I love the story behind it. I
    can't wait to see the tulips. The necklace is beautiful! I can
    understand not wanting to wear it to work. It was really nice everyone
    got flowers. We all need to feel special. Enjoy!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necklace is beautiful. Glad you had a grate Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.