Thursday, February 24, 2011

EXHAUSTED

I loved having Monday off from work.  I did a lot of straightening up and the house looks beautiful.  I made a fantastic meal.  I set a beautiful table.  We had a lot of fun with our friends over dinner.  I went to bed happy.

Then Tuesday hit.  My stomach did not like the food from the night before.  I thought I was going to be sick.  Took some medication and went into work an hour late because I was waiting for it to kick in.

When I got to work I found that the kids had been let off from school because of the snow.  What snow?  The 3 inches we had was almost gone.  The computers at the front desk were not working.  We couldn't accept returned books, check out books or pay any fines.  Three people were out (my supervisor, the children's librarian and the guard) and my other co-worker had also come in late.  Can you say "madhouse"?  And it was that way all day even after we had the computers up and running.  I was so tired when I got home that I fell asleep without eating dinner.

Yesterday was nice and calm in the morning.  I got a lot done.  Thought we were getting a break.  Then school let out.  Lots of kids running in, yelling, throwing things, carrying on.  It was an early day so fortunately we closed at 5 p.m.  Even then there were kids that didn't want to leave and were giving us a hard time about exiting the building.  Go home already!  Have a nice dinner with your family and do your homework!

I had potato and spinach pierogies and left over meatloaf for dinner.  It was really good.  I felt tired, but wanted to spend some time with Joe.  Well, I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV with him.  When he went to bed he tried to wake me up to go upstairs with him and couldn't.  I was so exhausted and in such a sound sleep that no matter what he did he couldn't wake me.  Good thing there was no emergency where I had to get out of the house.  I woke up around midnight and made my way to bed.

I think this job is a little too hard for me at this stage of my recovery, but I have no choice.  I am still tired this morning.  My supervisor is coming back from vacation today so we will have another person which should make the day a little easier.  Tomorrow is my rotation to the Fishtown Branch.  I will be the only library assistant there from 9 a.m. till 2 p.m.  It will be another difficult day.  I am SO looking forward to the weekend.  Hurry up, Saturday, so that I can sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Aw Kathy, I feel for you...it sounds like you are so busy at that library. I am really getting an eye opener about librarians in a busy library. I think you need to come and work in one of our libraries here. In our county, we have the most quaint, small libraries. Some are in historical buildings and are no bigger than my living room and dining room combined...I'm not kidding! I think you need to work in that one while you are still recovering. I wish I was your neighbor cause I would bring you over some chicken noodle soup and do your dishes for you and make you sit down and rest! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do work in a tiny library on Friday. Probably about the size of yours because it is smaller than my house. It is a lot easier.

    Aww, I wish you were my neighbor too. I would love to have you make me some chicken soup. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.