Saturday, February 12, 2011

DATE NIGHT

Before I got sick Joe and I used to go out to eat about once a week.  We haven't been able to do that since last October.  So earlier this week we decided that we would have a date and go out for dinner tonight.  We would be celebrating my first week back to work and it would also be my Valentine's Day gift to Joe.  We went back and forth as to where to go, but finally decided on the local diner.


It wasn't too crowded and we got served very quickly.  I had meatloaf and Joe had roasted turkey.  Everything was good.  We were even given free cheesecake for dessert.  They are known for their cheesecake.  I had to bring some of my dinner home, but it was very good and now I have lunch for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    I am so glad you & Joe were able to celebrate. Free cheesecake,wow! That is a great end-of-week treat. Happy Valentines Day! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it felt really good to go out for a date night after all that you have been through.

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to go out. So nice after all these months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.