Tuesday, February 1, 2011

GOOD NEWS

I had my surgeon's post-op follow-up appointment today.  Fortunately my appointment took place in between the two storms so I was able to get down there without too much trouble.  Once I got to center city all the streets were clear and dry.  Guess it's all the traffic and businesses around there.

My appointment was for 1:15 p.m.  I got there at 12:45 p.m.  I was seen by the doctor at 2:20 p.m.  She saw me for a total of 3 minutes.  She should be paying me for my time!

But the good news is she said I am healing beautifully.  I can start eating anything I want as long as it doesn't get stuck in my throat.  If it does, let it alone for a couple of weeks and then try again.  I can have red meat again.  I can go back to work.  I have the letter saying I can return with no restrictions.  So now I just have to go to Human Resources and then the City Doctor and get all the paperwork done for my return.  I probably will be able to start back the middle of next week.

It was so good to have some good news for a change.  Joe and I celebrated by stopping in Wendy's on the way home.  He got a grilled chicken wrap and I got chicken nuggets.  We both tried their new fries with sea salt.  Yum, yum!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear of your good report! You are almost back to normal.....eating whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Well, whatever normal is for me. Ha, ha. Whenever this snow stops, we have a lunch coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HORRAY!! Congrats! Back to work AND to eating! I am so happy for you.
    You deserve to
    celebrate.
    Love,prayers & hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, tomorrow is Chinese New Year so we are actually going to a restaurant to celebrate. Dumplings and long noodles (for good luck) for us! If the weather would hold out, I'd go to Chinatown for the parade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.