Monday, June 3, 2013

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Today is the last day I will be at work for a week.  No, I'm not going on vacation (although in a way I am).  I am having surgery tomorrow.  I have to be at the hospital at 11:30 a.m.  It's nothing serious, just some scar tissue from my breast cancer surgery that needs to be removed.  More of an annoyance to me than anything else.  The only thing I am upset about is that it is so late in the day and I can't eat or drink after midnight.

I began this blog when I was having major surgery on my stomach, liver, spleen and diaphram.  I didn't expect to live through that one because I was literally dying of starvation since I hadn't been able to eat a meal in six months.  So I feel like this is going back to the beginning with yet another surgery.  

But at that time the blog was just for close friends and family.  I have so many more blog friends now that I really care about.   It has taken on a life of its own and I am so very glad!

I survived that major surgery and I am sure I will survive this little "bump in the road" as I call it.  My trip through life is never smooth.

I got my friend, Marquita, to take this picture of me in my new shirt the other day at work.  I got it down the shore and think it is so cute.  I don't look too sick here, do I?



So that's all the news, folks.  I don't think I will be up to posting tomorrow -- full of anesthesia and all that stuff.  But look for some interesting things coming this week including a super easy recipe for the snack I had at Bible study last week and (hopefully) a cleaned up yard.

9 comments:

  1. oh wow. You have a lot ahead of your tomorrow, and a lot behind you too! May God bless you and grant you strength for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love & prayers for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God speed on your surgery in the morning! You will certainly be remembered in prayer - the same way YOU have remembered so many OTHERS!
    You look super cute in that t shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying it all goes well and I am sure it will as you are in God's hands!! Love the shirt and no you do not look sick in the pic!!

    Blessings, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and Prayers are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the shirt! So cute! I think it suits you. Know that you will be in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying your surgery is easy and nothing alarming, a good report. Hugs and rest well. I like your shirt....cute! You are too! God bless you and keep you in His care at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you many prayers kathy!!! know God is with you...Please keep us posted... Hugs friend...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope surgery went well! Thanks for the suggestion on the shawl pattern. Does it take forever being garter stitch??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.