Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE FLOWER SHOW

The back gate at the Monet garden.



I am working on Saturday and so had today off from work.  Joe had a couple of doctor appointments at the VA Medical Center, so I took him down.  Afterwards we went to the Philadelphia International Flower Show.  I have not been there in over 10 years, so was very excited to go.  The tickets were expensive and the parking even more so.  (One of the major reasons I haven't been there lately.)  But we decided to treat ourselves.

The theme this year was Springtime in Paris.  It was wonderful.  Joe has never been to the flower show before.  In fact, he was never in the Convention Center.  So this was a real treat for him.

They had built a reproduction of the bottom of the Eiffel Tower and you could actually walk through it as if you were in Paris.  There was so much to see.  I ended up taking 117 pictures.  I am not going to share all of them here (at least not today), but I thought I'd give you some of the highlights.  I will probably show you more tomorrow.

Afterwards we went to the Reading Terminal and ate at the Downhome Diner one of Joe's favorite places.  It was good.



This was the first plant we saw when we came in.  Don't know what it is, but so pretty.



We would love to have this giant coleus in our yard.
A blue agave.
Me in front of the Eiffel Tower.
The Eiffel Tower.
Another view of the tower.
A French garden.
A small garden between a shed and an outhouse.
Another garden.
A garden using Monet's waterlilies painting as the water.
The iron gate at the Monet garden.
Another view of the gate.



A topiary dolphin.














A turkey.

A butterfly
A peacock
A lion
Joe admiring the roses
A unicorn
Cherry blossoms by the Eiffel Tower.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! The pictures are GORGEOUS! Needless to say, the lion was my
    favorite. It is amazing what can be done with flowers. I agree it has gotten pricey,but sometimes price isn't everything.
    Glad you & Joe had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, there's more to come. I will post some more when I get home from work tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Now you and Joe have lots of good ideas as to how to plan your flower gardens this summer. The pictures were spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.