Thursday, February 17, 2011

WHICH IS WORSE A PHONE CALL OR IN PERSON?

Here's my library story for the day.
The phone rings.  I answer it, "Richmond Library."
Person:  Is this the library?
Me:  Yes.
Person:  Are you open today?  Or are you just picking up the phone?

Yeah, I always hang around closed libraries just to answer the phone.  (I thought it but I didn't say it.)

==============================================================
Lady comes in line to check out some books.
Lady:  Is this the latest Danielle Steele book or has she written another one recently?
Me:  I'm really not sure.  I've been out for a couple of months and she writes books so quickly I don't know what the latest one is.  The librarian can probably help you.
Lady:  Why were you out?  Were you sick?
Me:  Yes.
Lady:  What were you sick with?
Me:  I had surgery.
Lady:  Exactly what kind of surgery?
Me:  I really don't want to answer that.  Here are your books.
Lady:  Oh.  It must have been female problems then.  Anything else you would be talking about.

Oh brother!  I love the library.  I love the library.  And I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok! I just laughed out loud at that "it must be female problems then". Thank you for sharing this story...that was down right hilarious! People are so funny! Keep writing about your escapades at the library..I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.