Saturday, February 5, 2011

CITY DOCTOR

I went to the city doctor yesterday.  Because of all the snow and bad weather I left really early to get down there.  It's a good thing I did because there were streets blocked off and no parking anywhere.  Joe was with me.  We drove around and around and parked someplace only to find the snow was so deep we couldn't open the doors to get out of the car.  So we drove around some more and finally found a place about a block and a half way.  That wasn't too bad.  But people, really, CLEAN YOUR SIDEWALKS!  It was so dangerous trying to walk that block and a half back to the clinic.  All ice!


We were surprised when we got inside because it is always crowded with people and there was only one lady ahead of us.  I have never seen the clinic so empty or gotten taken care of so quickly.  

The doctor really did not want to let me go back to work.  She said it was too soon.  She didn't think I could lift 50-100 lbs. at this point.  She didn't like it that I wasn't eating everything.  She even said she didn't think it was wise to rush things.  But I finally talked her into letting me go back when she looked at my incisions and saw they were almost completely healed and a couple were already starting to fade.  So she checked "approved" and sent me back to Human Resources.


After looking for another parking spot, I got into the department. They took my paperwork, gave me a bunch of forms to fill out (pension, life insurance, W-4, etc.) and gave me the paperwork to take back to work on Monday.  So my sick time is over.


I'm sort of looking forward to going back, but in another way I have really liked being home taking care of my house and taking care of Joe.  This time off and almost dying has made me look at life in a different way.  "Things" are not as important to me anymore.  Yes, I like a nice place to live and pretty things around me, but that is not important.  My perspective on life has changed.  My faith in God's care and protection has grown.  Whether people like me or not doesn't matter so much.  So this was good for me.


Romans 8:28 -- We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to His purpose.  (CEB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.