Sunday, July 8, 2018

THE SUNDAY MAGAZINE

Hello, friends!  I am so loving this cooler weather.  Even though it is supposed to get hot again this week, at least there is a break.  I am feeling better too.  Don't know if it was the heat and awful humidity or if it was my new medicine which I decided not to take and see what happened.  Still haven't been able to get ahold of my doctor.  Hopefully soon.

I am starting to find things in my house too.  A pair of shoes that were missing.  My Bible that I haven't seen in three weeks (been using another one I have).  A box of crayons for my Sunday School class.  An expensive pen.  It gives me hope that other things will show up too.

I have so many magazines in this house.  I am going through them as fast as I can.  But I just love the back pages of magazines where there are beautiful photos to fit the season or interesting one page interviews.  I decided when I find something I really like I will share it with you in a "Sunday Magazine" post.  So here is the one for today.



It is taken from Country Home, August 2002.  The caption for this photo reads:  

GLORY DAYS.  PHOTOGRAPH BY QUENTIN BACON.
The Stars and Stripes on Claudia Dieste's porch waves in a warm Virginia breeze.  "The only thing better than a summer day spent sipping lemonade on the front porch," says Claudia, "is a summer evening spent watching the fireflies."

I think I could do a lot of lemonade sipping and firefly watching on that beautiful porch.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. I could enjoy sitting on that porch too! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, It is hard to throw out magazines , if we love something in them. I am trying not to hang on to "stuff" , I have such a pile of things to sort in my office. Good luck to you. Hope you can find all the lost things. I am also hope you see your dr. soon. Take care of your health. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just let things like up. Now I read them and get rid of them. I am going through two or three magazines a week. Pretty so soon i will be done.

      Delete
  3. its great your lost things are showing them selves, and I think that porch sitting sounds like a prefect idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I could sit on that porch, drink lemonade and watch the fireflies too. I love porches. I'm happy to hear that a few lost things are showing up. That means there's hope for your camera too. Good luck clearing out the magazines. I have that same problem. I'm trying to go through them quicker so that I can get rid of them. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great porch for porch sitting and lemonade sipping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I imagine that you have taken a lot of us with you to that wonderful porch! So glad that things are turning up...love when that happens. And, very pleased to learn that you are feeling so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are feeling better AND that you are finding some things that have been missing. I've been going through magazines to get rid of them. I have a stack to take to the library next time I go! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too Kathy..sippin' lemonade and fireflies...what a perfect summer evening that would be!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.