Sunday, July 1, 2018

It's July already. Can you believe it?


First of all Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian readers and friends.  I hope you all had a great day of celebration.  I remember being in Ottawa standing in front of Parliament and watching a light show given against the wall of the building.  I remember watching the soldiers in their bearskin hats marching down the street in front of the hotel I was staying in for the changing of the guard.  I just loved Ottawa.  It was my last stop in Canada after spending a week seeing Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Montreal and Quebec.  A whirlwind trip for sure, but so enjoyable.  I am hoping to visit again.  Only now I have to have a passport.  I'm working on that.

Today was another hot one.  It went up to 98*F (37*C) but felt a lot hotter.  I went to church today but Joe hadn't been able to sleep all night, so he finally went to sleep about 8:30 a.m.  I let him sleep and went myself.  I haven't been feeling all that well myself.  I think the heat I getting to everyone.

I hadn't slept all that well myself.  It was so hot I didn't want to cook for lunch so I stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got a burger for Joe and a fish sandwich for me.  After we ate I laid down and slept the entire afternoon.  I didn't mean to do that but I think I needed the sleep.

I woke up around 5:30 p.m. and was feeling pretty good so I made a decent dinner.  I made some potato salad, boiled some eggs and made deviled eggs and heated up the left over pork roast in the microwave.  It's about time we ate something decent.

I am thinking about buying myself a THIRD camera.  I can't keep borrowing Joe's.  I found a good deal on Amazon and put it into my basket.  After I pay all the bills, if I have enough left over I will get it.  Then I'll find the other two.  It usually happens that way.  But I miss my cameras!

I finished the month of March 1959 on Joe's temperature blanket.  Only April and part of May to go.  I will try to take pictures and show you tomorrow.  When I am finished I will start the temperature blanket for this year.  I have to figure out how to put the year on each one so I remember when I made them.

And now it's heading toward midnight so I am going to get off of here and get some sleep.  I have to get up early tomorrow.  I told my pastor I would take him to the train station in time to get the "el" downtown for court.  Yes, he was chosen for jury duty.  That means Joe will be giving the message at the nursing home Bible Study tomorrow.  Another busy day ahead of me.

Take care everyone and have a nice night.


Kathy



9 comments:

  1. I think this heat has us all on the 'nappy'side.Glad you felt better afterward. Dinner sounds just right. I find I cook a bit differently in summer.I tried a new chicken dish called "Freezer To Plate"(lemon garlic).It
    was pretty good! Stay cool,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debbie, I think the heat has gotten to all of us. I came in from church, made our lunch, then sat down and went sound asleep. It is too hot to be outside, so a nap seems just right. Be careful this week out in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for remembering Canada Day! Sounds like your body needed a good rest and yes, if you buy that third camera you are destined to have the rest turn up lol,, have a great day Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heat is intense. We had our picnic in the grove after church yesterday but was it ever hot! Our 30 year tradition with family and friends in Long's Park was changed to eat at home and go in later for the concert and fireworks. But most of the family didn't bother with the fireworks this year....heat does that!!
    Hope you have a great day, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a real steamer everywhere. Be careful in the heat. If you get that new camera, start a new habit. I, too, manage to lose things easily. So now I have habits, like always put my purse in the same place (if I'm not holding it) I keep my keys in the same place (in my purse). I keep my camera in the same place when I am not using it. Maybe you could put up a hook in the kitchen to hang your camera on when you are not using it. If it is small, maybe you could keep it in your purse. Anything is worth a try. I wish you much good luck with that new camera. (I agree, that's probably when you will find the other two!) You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hear up there is worse than we have down here in Florida. Hoping you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a phone that can take pics? A lot of people are doing that now and are happy with what they take. I take some...but like my camera better. Stay cool sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello kathy.. The heat here in South Texas is in the 100s everyday... we are used to it. we had a major flood. it made national news.. I hope you get your camera you want and think of how fun you will have to learn it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes it's hot here in NH as well, Kathy. Hope you are able to get a camera and you;re right that the other 2 may likely show up soon afterwards. I was curious as to what type of cameras you had before and what type/model you are considering.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.