Saturday, July 7, 2018

I HAVE ANOTHER NEW CAMERA



Hello, friends.  Did you know that today is National Fried Chicken Day?  I sure didn't.  What a coincidence that last night I had fried chicken for dinner and there is some left over.  Guess what's for dinner tonight!  I love fried chicken.  No, I LOVE fried chicken.  I just can't make it myself.  I have tried.  And tried, and tried.  It never comes out good.  And it is so much work.  So I get mine at the store where I know it's going to be good.

I gave in and bought myself a new camera.  This one is red.  I am missing a neon blue and a very silver camera.  I know I will find them now.  And because they are different colors I will always be able to tell them apart.

The blue one was the one I took to my sister's house for her Memorial Day weekend cookout.  Joe says he stuck it in the outside pocket of my purse.  I never put it there.  There is an inside pocket in my purse that is the perfect size for it and I always keep it there so it doesn't get lost.  The red one is living there now.  I have a feeling that the blue one fell out on the street and someone picked it up.  I have little hope of finding it again.  But I do have hope for the silver one.

I just can't live without a camera.  And I didn't want to keep holding onto Joe's.  That wasn't fair to him.  So I saw this one on sale on Amazon and got it.  It's another Canon.  I like Canon cameras.  Here's a picture of what it looks like.  Except that I got the next higher one in terms of zoom.


I've already taken a few pictures with it.  I had to try it out, of course.

As I was making dinner, I looked out of the kitchen window and saw this beautiful sky.


But by the time we were sitting down to eat, this is what I saw.


Beautiful!

Now that the tree in the yard next-door has gotten so large, I can no longer see the sunset from the ground floor.  I will have to start going upstairs to get decent pictures.

I also got a picture of Jack.  He's such a good cat and very photogenic.


I am still not feeling 100%.  I am going to see my oncologist on Thursday, so I am having a long talk with him.  He is the one doctor who listens to me.  I am thinking that perhaps I am having a bad reaction to the new medicine I am on.  Maybe not, but I want to check it out.

The heat wave finally broke today.  It's only going to be in the 80s.  I am so happy.  I hope I can get out in the yard today and do some weeding.  Everything is overgrown, but it's been too hot to work outside.

I have lots of more ideas for blog posts, so be looking for them.  Having a camera inspires me!

Hope you all have a good day.  Enjoy your fried chicken.

Kathy


11 comments:

  1. The sky photos are so beautiful! That camera is so worth it.Can't wait to see your latest blog ideas. Enjoy the cooler temp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those photos are amazing!! I had never heard of fried chicken day,, sounds like you're all set! very handsome Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my problem with glasses...they go missing all the time.

    Hope that by having a new camera you do find the silver one. What an amazing sunset!

    Saying a prayer for feeling better, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee on getting a new camera. I look forward to pictures and your new ideas for your blog. Sure hope you get some answers regarding your health and that you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I hope you're feeling better soon. Your new camera looks wonderful. I have two Canons too. I wish you lots of good luck with this one, and hope that the other one shows up soon. Those are beautiful photos of the sky. I did not know about Fried Chicken day. Thank you for that info. I love fried chicken too. Pogo does too as long as I take the skin off his share. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you bought another camera. I have one like that then gave it to my daughter when her older one quit working. Hope get your health issues figured out soon. No fun at all! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a new camera!! Hope the silver one turns up for you!! The sunsets are beautiful!! I love fried chicken too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, Put that camera on a chain. LOL. Glad you got one so you can get photos. I love the sky shots. Hope you get a good report and an easy fix when you see the doctor. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sky pictures are beautiful! My camera is a canon too but it's a big one. I should get a small one that fits in my purse too :) Love the red!
    One of my cousins said on FB about fried chicken day....I don't eat fried chicken because of the breading. Of course I could make it but that's way too much work!
    Enjoy the cooler evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, Glad you got a new camera. It takes very nice pictures. Stay cool out there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new camera, Kathy, and red is a good color as I have one in red as well. Hopefully, more lost items will show up soon, like the silver camera. Hope the dr visit provides some answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.