Monday, July 23, 2018

A DAY IN THE LIFE

I have been wanting to do a "Day in the Life" post for quite a while now.  Finally I got a day where I could.  Now understand there is no "normal" day in my life.  Every day is different.  So this is a random day in my life.  Let's start.

The first thing I do on a Monday morning is put my medicine together for the week.  It looks like a lot here, but there are several bottles of the same medicine here.  I just try to keep them all in the same place.



Next I take my thyroid medicine.  It has to be taken with water on an empty stomach and I have to wait an hour before I can eat.  So I turn on the local news.



And when that goes off, I watch "Good Morning America."


And as I am watching, I am working on whatever knitting project I have going on.


I forgot to say that the very first thing I do is feed Jack.  If I don't feed Jack, he lets me know in no uncertain terms.  He has never meowed the entire time I have had him, but he will hit me and claw at my arms until I get up and go into the kitchen.


After an hour, I go into the kitchen to make breakfast.  I open the curtains, and in the summer the windows, and the back door to see what the weather is like.  Also I enjoy looking at my back yard.  A little bit of nature in the middle of the city.


I have something different for breakfast each day.  Today it was an egg and bacon.  While I eat I read my email, facebook page, and blog page.


Today it was in the high 70s this morning so finally it was cool enough for me to enjoy a cup of hot tea.  I made myself some Constant Comment.


I like Morning Glories but they are so invasive.  I saw them all tangled in my butterfly lights.


Wherever I go, there is Jack.  He never leaves me alone and follows me all over the house all day.


After I ate I went into the living room and sat on the sofa.  Jack climbed up beside me because he always has to be next to me and went to sleep.


Next I went to take my shower and get dressed.  Jack, of course, followed me to the bathroom and lay in the hallway outside of the door until I was finished.


As I was finishing up in the bathroom, I heard the rain begin again.  But when I looked out the window the sun was shining.  An old Nursery Rhyme says, "A sunshiny shower won't last half an hour."  And it didn't.


"Patches" came to the back door and meowed to be fed.  So I did.


The yard is so overgrown.  I haven't been well enough to go out and weed it.  But I decided today was the day.


After Patches was finished eating, "Stash" came.  Stash is short for moustache and if you saw his face you would know why I named him that.


And then "Kitty" showed up.  There are two more cats that I also feed:  an orange one that I named "Marmalade" and a gray one I named "Shadow."  I feed them and they keep down the rodent problem in the yard so that I don't get them in the house.  I think that is a good deal.



Kitty is very friendly.  I wish I could bring her into the house before the cold weather comes.


It took me awhile, and I didn't get done as much as I would have liked, but I got something done.  I weeded until the pain in my back and legs was so bad I needed to sit down.  But what I did was a big difference.


Everything in my pot and my earthbox died in the heat.  I have to get more flowers and herbs to put in them.  But I did unearth my hydrangea which you can see right behind the watering can.


I came inside and sat on the sofa.  I wanted to put my legs up because they were so swollen but look who decided to take a nap right next to me.


After awhile he decided to go get a drink of water.  As soon as he jumped down, I lay down on the sofa and went right to sleep.  I napped for about two hours.

The dishes were really piling up so I got up and put a load in the dishwasher.


My friend, Carol, called and I talked to her for awhile.  Then it was time to make dinner.  I had fish and chips with a fresh tomato.  It was good.


And now even though it is late, I have to get my lesson together for Bible Study tomorrow.  I didn't get any cleaning in the house done.  I really have to do that tomorrow.  So very much to do.  I thought when I retired I would have so much time to do everything.  Ha!  I am busier now than when I worked.

On that note I must get going and get some things done so that I can get to bed.  Hope you enjoyed my day.  As I said, every day is different, but this is what happened today.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. You had a busy day for sure, and I love all the kitties pictures. I can relate to your back hurting and having to stop and lay down. One can only do so much for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day you had! Love all the cat photos but admit that Jack is such a handsome fellow! You did accomplish a lot in your yard so that counts.I really like the black & white butterflies in the beginning.I totally enjoyed a 'day in the life'.Perhaps do one occasionally. Have a pawsitive day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this post! Your cat is really a child in a cat suit :)) Everywhere you go....the cat/child goes too!! Our cat would put his paw under the bathroom door so I wouldn't forget about him while I was in there!
    Your yard is so nice. I've never lived in a city but having some outdoor space would be desirable for sure.
    Wow, something different every morning? My breakfast is a veggie and fruit smoothie every single day!
    Hopefully the rains will soon be gone. Some places near here have had up to 9 inches.
    Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its interesting to read others day,, I think you and Jack are very lucky to have each other and I love that you feed the stray cats,,take care my friend,, hope you feel better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I am still laughing about all your cat company. First your Jack then many more. Your backyard is a cute place to enjoy some nature. It's been a tough hot summer to be out weeding...I did some of that here yesterday. Stay cool. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked following you around for the day! A cup of Constant Comment! My favorite! And all those gorgeous kitty cats plus your Jack! Your wee little back yard is a true oasis in the city! I saw your tiny village in the herb box.
    We’ve lost a lot of things to the heat and we must water Morning an Night if we don’t want everything to wither up and die!
    Louis Dean says the same thing about retirement! He’s busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to laugh. I've been saying that same thing. I'm much busier now than I was before I retired. At least it feels that way. It takes longer to do things, and I don't get as much done. No problem though. I do what I can and not what I can't.

    I love how you feed the stray kitty cats. No wonder Jack stays by your side. You're a good person and he doesn't want to lose you. My Pogo follows me everywhere I go. We are blessed. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great that you care for so many strays! You know you can make winter houses for them with Styrofoam coolers? There are instructions on-line. You did indeed have a buy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.