Tuesday, July 31, 2018

SISTERS GET AWAY DAY 2 PART 2

Welcome back to the conclusion of our Sisters Get Away.  Yesterday I left off when we were heading for the Farmers Market and that is where I will pick up today.  Elaine and I love the Bird-in-Hand Farmers Market.  There is produce, meat, baked goods, spices and other kinds of stalls upstairs.  Downstairs are a couple of gift shops.  Since I knew my limitations, I suggested we just go upstairs.  I really didn't need more "gift" things.  But I wanted some good food to bring home.  I grabbed a cart and walked around once to see what they had.  My money was starting to run out so I wanted to be wise in how I spent it.  I finally made up my mind and bought some lovely things to bring home.

Raisin bread, potatoes, bananas, tomatoes and Brussels sprouts.  All looking beautiful.  The banana are gone and so are the tomatoes.  Wonderful!


At the deli counter I got bologna and homemade macaroni salad.  So good!

How do you like the covered wagon outside of the market?  It is a full sized covered wagon.  I can't imagine how people traveled across our country in these things.  They were much tougher people than I am.


We left here and went to Kitchen Kettle Village.  We go there each year to select our Christmas ornament for the year.  I was finished before Elaine so sat outside to wait for her.

There were pots of beautiful coleus all over the place.



The Jam and Relish Shop was our next stop.  We love going in there.


A view of the village.



 
Here's what I got in Kitchen Kettle. Mild salsa, tortilla chips, and chocolate covered pretzels.  I also got 3 K-cups for Joe but he had already put them away by the time I took the picture.


 I thought the birthstone jingle bell snowmen were so cute.  The turquoise for me, emerald for Joe and amethyst for our friend Chrissy.


And the ornament of the year this beautiful snowflake.


When we got back to the car I asked Elaine to get some pictures of the countryside while I got the car cool.  It was hot every time we left it for awhile.  The shots she got were just beautiful!










It was 12:45 and we left to go home.  Our 1 1/2 hour trip lasted almost 3 hours with the bad traffic.  But it was worth it.  We had a wonderful time.  Hope you enjoyed going along with us.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. What beautiful scenery! My favorite---coleus! The variety of colors! The Village looks so quaint.I agree about the covered wagon. to think how much they fit & still had to fit themselves! The food looks so fresh & delicious. Glad you both had a chance to get away together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy 'going along' with you on the trip and seeing all the things you bought and even those you didnt! The coleus were beautiful as was the scenery along the way home. Hope you have a lovely Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful countryside and that market was quaint and charming. Sisters are a great blessing and it is good to be with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the countryside is beautiful! Love the clothes hanging on the line. You bought lots of great items...even wonderful bread and fruits and veggies! I'm glad you took us along on the trip! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good time. Even though I don't live that far from Kitchen Kettle Village, it's been years and years since I've been there! Lancaster County is beautiful and I'm thankful to call it home. Enjoy your goodies and what a beautiful tree you will have with your new ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, what beautiful photos! I loved going along with you and your sister. The landscapes are just awesome! I think it's wonderful that you have a sister to vacation with every year. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such a fun place to spend a day shopping!! I'm so happy you and your sister had such a nice sister get-away!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank Kathy, I loved being with you and Elaine. Looks like you both enjoyed your precious time together. Great food buys and the ornaments are so sweet. I like the country side photos Elaine took. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sis and I would have had fun there too!I like the birthstone ornaments and snowflake ornaments. I fall for the snowflake as you can hang them everywhere in the winter. Nice countryside in PA! I miss going back there to visit! Very little family there now since Phil's dad died. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.