Thursday, October 20, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #41

As my friend Marianne found out, some people like yogurt and some people don't.
 
July 3
I didn't have to time this morning to pack my usual lunch, so I grabbed a yogurt and an apricot. I had eaten them on my morning break. By lunch time, I was ravenous--thank you, thyroid and steroids--so I went to the pizza shop to get a slice of pepperoni pizza. I saw one of our miscreants there, Dave, and his father. I chatted with them, then went to the counter to get my order. 

Little Dave sauntered over and asked me why I was getting food when I usually brought my own. (They all know this because I always talk about home cooking with them). I told Dave I was getting pizza because I didn't have time to get my lunch together. He said, "Ms. B, you didn't have no time for your lunch, but you had time to get your money? When I don't have no time, I don't have nothin'.:" 

"Well, Dave, I always have a few dollars, not much, just for an emergency. Good thing, too, today, because I am hungry. I brought a yogurt and an apricot, but I ate them already 2 hours ago." 

"Ms. B, you said Yogurt? Yuck! No wonder you gettin' somethin' good like pizza!" LOL

2 comments:

  1. Children say the darndest things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I missed two previous posts so I looked at them too. I love the pictures. Some days I think we are hungrier than others. I have a granddaughter who eats all kinds of foods with cheeses, but will not eat a piece of cheese. LOL. You never know about kids. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.