Sunday, October 30, 2016

REFORMATION SUNDAY


Hope you all have had a good Halloween Eve even though it is almost over.  It was a beautiful day today.  Sunny and almost 80*F (27*C).

Today is Reformation Sunday.  We celebrated it in church this morning.  It's a very special day for me.  It makes me remember how much people in the past went through so I can worship God as I do today.  To me time is a continuous river and what you do now is affected by the past and will affect the future.

Enough of that.  After a wonderful church service Joe and I went to lunch with Pastor Ralph and Carolyn.  We ended up at East Coast Wings.  Even though it is a little pricy the food is so very excellent!  We had such a good time eating and talking.  I think we are clones of each other.  They are so much like Joe and me.  It's almost scary.

Last night I was printing out the bulletin, making up the Wednesday night Bible study handouts and baking a pumpkin dump cake for Fellowship Time.  It was after midnight and I was drinking iced tea to stay awake.  Well it worked only too well.  I got to sleep for less than two hours before I had to get up and go to church.  Needless to say I was really, really tired.

After we got home from lunch I changed my clothes and laid down for "just a little bit".  Six hours later I woke up.  It was dark in the room.  Apparently we had even had a really bad storm that I hadn't heard at all.  I've been up a couple of hours now, got a snack to eat so I could take my medicine, and I am ready to go back to bed.  I'm hoping that if I get a good night's sleep I will be ready to go tomorrow and get a lot done.  There is certainly a lot to do!  

It's Halloween!  It's get the candy out time.  It's make sure everything is ready to go time.  It's clean the yard and house time.  For the first time in many years I will be home (not at work) to see the littles who come around early.  They are the ones I really enjoy.

So before my eyes close I will show you one picture today.  I took this while I was at Wawa yesterday.  It is the first colored tree I have seen this season.


One more day of October and then the holiday season begins in earnest.

Have a good night!

Kathy
Sunrise:  7:28 a.m.
Sunset:  6:00 p.m.
10 hours and 32 minutes
Less and less daylight
Temperature:  78*/45*


 


3 comments:

  1. I really like your analogy between time and a river. It was good!
    Sweet dreams 💤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, woke up an hour ago after having slept almost 10 hours. I needed the sleep!

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself, dear Kathy. Glad that you got some much needed rest. I don't think I have ever slept 10 hours in my life. I wish I could. I wake up several times a night then get up around 5 with no places to go but to the coffee pot. I read the Bible till Alan gets up. He and I make breakfast and while we eat, we discuss the Bible most of the time. We are living the good life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.