Saturday, July 5, 2014

FOURTH OF JULY


This was a rather low key Fourth of July for us.  I woke up at 6 a.m. and Joe was awake so we did our daily Bible reading, prayed, and read the Tomie DePaoli book we are reading.  Then I promptly fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until 11 a.m.!  I never sleep that late.  But I guess I needed it.

Joe didn't get up until 2 p.m.  We had the left over Panzanella Salad for brunch and then got ourselves together and went food shopping.  We had nothing in the house for dinner.  Because of the kitchen floor situation and moving the refrigerator around to accomodate it we haven't been shopping in almost a month.  The good part about that is that we have used up everything so there is nothing old hanging around and pushed into the back of the freezer.

We were surprised at how crowded the store was at 4 p.m. on the Fourth of July.  Was no one celebrating?  We thought it would be empty and quick to get through.  We did get through rather quickly by splitting up the list and separating.  Now I feel better having a full freezer.

For dinner Joe made hot dogs and hamburgers.  I had my hamburger with sauted onions and mushrooms, lettuce and tomato. Yum!  I also got macaroni salad at the store and we had that.  I had lemonade and Joe had iced tea.  We sat in the kitchen with the windows open and the air just blowing in.  It was like eating outside without all the trouble of carrying things out to the table.  It was very cool today -- just perfect.  I enjoyed my dinner so much!

I got to talk to my Aunt Alice tonight for quite awhile.  She is my very favorite aunt.  I didn't plan on talking with her, but I accidentally hit her number on my cell phone and it called her.  When I heard her saying, "Hello, is anyone there?" I answered.  We laughed about it.  She said it was the second time today I did it.  I'm going to have to lock the keys.  I haven't gotten together with her in awhile so it was nice to catch up.

One of our neighbors was setting off fireworks tonight and aiming them right over our house.  Now I LOVE fireworks, but not over my head!  It scared poor Snowy so much that she ran down the cellar and hid.  I was glad when they finally ended after two hours.

We didn't go to see fireworks, but watched them on TV.  Every year Philly has a huge musical concert by the Art Museum and then the fireworks.  They are always beautiful, but this year's was extra special.  Wonderful!  It has been a great day.












Kathy
---------------------------------------
Mostly cloudy
High:  77 degrees
Low:  67 degrees
Sunrise:  5:37 a.m.
Sunset:  8:32 p.m.
14 hours and 55 minutes of daylight
 

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful! I like al the pretty colors. My dog Bridget doesn't care for all the noise. I have a bandana filled with lavender that I purchased at a doggie fair. it seems to work in calming her.
    I also feel better with a full fridge. We had hot dogs & cottage cheese. Pretty low key for us too.
    Love the cooler temps! Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Sounds like your day turned out fine. Even with sleeping in. I enjoyed the day with my family. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great feeling having a full freezer and pantry!

    Buy the sounds of it, your 4th of July was wonderful. Eating with window open is another great feeling.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, your fireworks photos are so amazing. Love them. Your July 4th dinner sounds wonderful, too. I agree about lugging things in and out. Something is always forgotten! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. we enjoyed our time at the St. Paul rodeo last night. I guess I wasn't into it this year. But I got out of the house! I got some good pics of the fireworks though. Phil and I were at two different venues for food last night cuz I don't sausage and he loves it. I had a chicken wrap and it was delicious. But we ate together! What a crowd! i'm glad you had a good day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.