Sunday, July 27, 2014

SISTERS' WEEK DAY ONE (SATURDAY)

What a way to start my vacation.  I woke up to ominous storm clouds.


So much for hanging out my wash.  By the time I was eating breakfast the rain had come.

I made my favorite breakfast:  potatoes, onion, garlic, eggs and rosemary.  Yum!  I could eat this every day.


I had plans to do so much today, but ended up sleeping.  My back was hurting me and every time I laid down to get some relief, I fell asleep.  I must have taken three separate naps.  Not for very long each time, but still.  Now I really have to step things up on Sunday.

At least the weather cleared up and we had a decent end of the day.

And I was awake enough to make a great dinner.  I had gotten these two really thick pork chops, so I cut a pocket in them and stuffed them.  Then I roasted them with some brussels sprouts and had some jellied cranberry sauce.  It was wonderful!

Well, so much for day one of vacation and on to day two.  This will be much more exciting because a group of us are going to take my sister out to dinner for her birthday.

--Kathy

1 comment:

  1. The first day of vacation should be spent relaxing. Sounds like you did just that. Your breakfast looks so yummy. Made me hungry just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.