Friday, July 4, 2014

A GOOD DAY

Thursday is usually a late day at work for me.  I work from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.  Today, however, we worked the early shift from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. because of the holiday.  When we first opened at 10:00 a.m. there was nobody in the library.  Even though we advertised it online and had signs posted around, most people still thought we opened at 12:00.  It was quiet and nice.  I was on the front desk for the first hour and the guard, my boss and I ended up cleaning the whole desk.  Took off old signs and made new ones, scrubbed everything down, threw out old papers, etc.  It looks really nice now.

I took a drive at lunch time to pick up something to eat.  It is great to get out of the building even if I do lose my parking spot.  I take lunch at 1:00 and that is when David Jeremiah is on the radio so I get a chance to listen to him as I drive.  Sometimes I just sit in the car and eat while listening to the Christian radio station.  It so helps to deal with the day.

This afternoon was much busier.  When it was time to leave, people were still coming in and wanting to return and check out things.  We had a hard time getting them to leave.

But I had to go because after work Joe and I went and got our new glasses.  It was at the other side of the city and took us about 45 minutes to get there.  We are both seeing much better now.

Then we went to one of my favorite Chinese/Japanese restaurants to get dinner.  We were going to go out to eat, but there was a bad storm coming and we wanted to get home.  So we got take away.  It was good.

On the way home we stopped at Rite Aid to get my medicine.  While we were there I saw some bowls that were like the ones I got for the fall.


Here's a picture of the bowl with some stew in it.
They are a great size.  The autumn ones, as you can see, had browns, golds and greens.  Here are the summer ones.



They are the same bowls except with summer colors of blue, yellow and orange.  We get only two at a time, but if we have guests we now have four bowls to use.  We love them for soups or stews.  The best part was originally they were $2.00 each.  They were marked down to 50% off so they were $1.00 each.  When I took them to the register to pay for them, I used my rewards card and got them for 50 cents each.  Yes, I paid $1.08 (8 cents sales tax) for both of them!  I'm a big spender.

We just got home when the storm broke.  It was bad.  Thunder, lightning, and high winds.  The young trees were bending in half.  Fortunately it didn't last long.  After it was over I took some pictures of the retreating storm clouds.  Unfortunately they turned out blue.  I don't know what I did wrong.  They were not blue, they were dark and threatening.  *sigh*






It is supposed to rain tomorrow too.  A lot of places have postponed their fireworks displays.  So much for eating outside.  We will see how things work out.

Have a nice night, everyone!

Kathy
---------------------------------------------------------
Thursday's weather
 Rain
High:  81 degrees
Low:  62 degrees
Sunrise:  5:37 a.m.
Sunset:  8:32 p.m.
14 hours and 55 minutes of daylight

5 comments:

  1. That's a greatb deal on the bowls!! It was nice here in Texas today! We had the fan on in the gazebo and it was so pleasant! NOT the average weather we are used to at this time of year! I am NOT complaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bowls are beautiful! Super savings! Sounds like you were blessed with an early dismissal from work.
    Those are always nice. Glad the rain held off till you got home.
    Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bowls. We have warm weather today and getting ready to head to rodeo grounds where we'll have some fun. A reprieve from the sad week I've had. My mom died the other night so now I'm doing things for her memorial next week. Looking forward to something else to push it back from me a bit. Food, crafts, horses, cowboys, rodeo royalty, fireworks....what more could you ask for. There was an awesome/weird sky last evening....interesting cloud shapes I've never seen! Wonder why? Take care and hope the storm isn't too bad. I hear Cape Hatteras area was hit with a hurricane? Not good. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, the blue clouds are caused by the cameras white balance setting. It is on auto by default but you can change it. I can help you with it if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute bowls. Love the colors. The storm clouds did look menacing. The blue color is rather nice. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.