Sunday, July 13, 2014

IT WAS A GOOD SATURDAY

Saturdays are usually my catching up on sleep day.  But this week I actually got some things done around my nap.

I got up in time to do some cleaning.  The guy was finally coming today to finish the kitchen floor.  I am SO tired of having the dining room all messed up with extra furniture and boxes of things.  I want my life (and my room) back.  It was looking so pretty before all of this.  The new floor guy came, took a look at it, said he needed to get molding that would match the cabinets because there were too many different colors in the room, and said he'd be back anywhere from Tuesday to Saturday next week.  *sigh*

After he left Joe and I went to the farm.  We haven't been in awhile.  I had seen their ad online and knew there were some things I wanted to get.  We did well.

I was getting a good shot of the farmstand when this guy walked right in front of me.  Well, it's under the canopy and in back of the guy.

I got zucchini, cucumber, peaches, tomatoes, corn, candy onions and green beans.
 We had the corn for dinner tonight and it was SO good.  Sweet and wonderful.

I got two loads of laundry done today and actually got to hang them on the line outside.  Nothing smells better than wash that has been hung outside to dry.


I really have to get out in the yard today and start to clean it up.  It's a mess!

After dinner we played a game of Dutch Blitz.  Well actually two games.  I won the first one and Joe won the second.  We'll have to have a playoff to see who's the champ.  If you haven't played Dutch Blitz, you definitely should.  It is so much fun.  It's a card game for 2-4 players.  Everyone plays at the same time.  Whoever gets rid of their blitz pile first, wins.







We ended the day watching the movie "Son of God".  I'll be doing a review of it on Monday.

Snowy is here sitting next to me, purring away.  She's such a good cat except that she keeps stepping on the keys and you should have seen this blog before I fixed it.

Snowy with her two toned eyes.

Since it is now after 2 a.m. and I have to get up for church tomorrow I will need to end.  Until later, folks.

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. Your blogging late! Glad you got some things accomplished and a nap today!
    I wish I had a clothes line outdoors...I've been asking for Hubby to fix me one forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about you throw a floor party when it's finally done? I don't mean a real party, but when you
    get the 'all clear', put on some music,have your own sock hop or just a special lunch & savor the finale....
    I agree about laundry.It also reminds me of being a little girl when my mom hung the clothes out.
    I remember holding the bag of clothespins.....Cute photo of Snowy.He's just trying to help. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that floor guy is stringing you along, doesn't take that long to get moulding, cheez Louise! These guys are all the same.. That card game looks like fun. Did you get it in Lancaster County? I thoroughly enjoyed the movie Son of God. I am waiting for Heaven is For Real to come out on demand. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You had a fun time playing cards. Gosh, Ted and I played cards that long winter past. I said all we did that winter was eat shovel snow and eat again. Bummer. Lots of laundry that will smell good. I too love the smell of the fresh outdoors on clothes. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fun card game. We haven't played cards in ages and I love to! Enjoy your afternoon! We're getting nice rain shower right now! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.