Saturday, July 19, 2014

A PRODUCTIVE SATURDAY


I woke up late today -- around 10:00 a.m.  I didn't sleep well last night, so I guess that's why I slept in.  I'm glad I did because I woke up feeling good and energized.

I had made myself a to-do list last night.  Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do well without my lists.  Many years ago a friend who is a psychologist told me to make lists so I wouldn't get so flustered all the time.  I started doing that and it works for me.  The sight of having things crossed off does something for my self-esteem I guess.  So I started in on my list right away.

I ended up doing two loads of wash and hanging one of them outside.  I went food shopping (my least favorite thing to do) and actually met one of my customers from work.  She is so nice and I had a chance to chat for awhile.  I did a lot of blog reading.   Watched some TV.  And I even made some chocolate chip cookies.


This is the way I used to be.  My thyroid level must be pretty good today because I have some energy.

But now the sun is starting to set.  My arthritis is beginning to hurt me. And I'm getting very tired.  It's time to just make dinner and call it a night.  Oh, if only I could have this kind of a day every day.

Thank you, Lord, for a productive day!


Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Kathy, It didn't hurt you to sleep in, if you got things finished off your list. :):) I really would have loved a nap myself and I never nap....only when I am ill.. Hope you have a great Sunday. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You certainly did have energy.. Those cookies look yummy.It is a beautiful day & I love the
    breeze! Ending your blog with a picture of the sky was .....just right. I love your sky photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a productive day. You know I'm a list maker so I totally get why you love your lists! Those cookies look good. Wish I was closer so I could have some :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.