Thursday, July 24, 2014

COUNTING DOWN

I haven't mentioned it, but I am on vacation next week.  Yes, it's my annual "Sisters Week" with my sister, Elaine.  We always take the last week of July off to spend together.  We have been doing this for many years and look forward to it every year.  What are we doing?  I have no idea.  But it's always something interesting and fun.  Feel free to look at years past to see how we have spent it.

Today was quite a day at work.  I did one thing all day... open boxes.  Yes, that's right.  We got 22 boxes of books and it took me 7 hours to open and sort them all, mark them off on the invoice and file all the paperwork.  Seven hours!  I don't want to look at another box for a long, long time.  But I'll probably get another 4 or 5 boxes tomorrow.  I was so determined to get them all opened that I didn't even take dinner tonight.  By the time I got home at 8:30 I was really tired (and I still am).

I am heading for bed.  I have so much to do tomorrow to clean up my desk before taking off for a week.  I have close to 75 books and 100 videos to enter into the computer and process on top of everything else.  (Sigh)  I'm going to need that vacation!

I'm going to leave you with a couple of new pictures of Pastor Justin and Miss A.  It's her six month picture although she is now almost seven months.  The year is just flying by and she gets cuter all the time.  She is so big now.  I told her mother last Sunday that I expect Miss A to be carrying HER any day now instead of the other way around!



I told you she was a cutie!

-- Kathy


4 comments:

  1. I admire your persistence in finishing those boxes. Yes,I know it had to be done but still....It makes me appreciate all the work that goes into the books I so easily borrow from the library..
    Hope you & Elaine enjoy the week together. Spur of the moment ideas can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    That is a whole lot of work!!!
    I really didn't know all that
    goes into library work.
    I always figured librarians just
    sat and helped people find books
    make me appreciate my local
    librarians.
    such a pretty picture of that baby.
    6 months is such a great time.
    xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I see that Miss A has a couple of the little razor sharp teeth babies get. LOL.... So cute. Wow, that is a lot of books and sorting. I appreciate our librarians....just hearing all you do through. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the joy of boxes. Hope you get it all done and it's a needed break for you. Thanks for sharing the cute photos of Miss A. She is adorable! I came home this afternoon, a usual day off for me, and did a couple quick things then took a nap before people arrived home from work. I was still tired from work yesterday...which was slow. It has been interesting these past few weeks, everything is winding down...which is good. Still have a few things to do for mom's end of life. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.