Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A BUSY DAY

Tuesday was one busy day.  I feel as if I lived four or five days in the past 24 hours.

It began with our weekly Bible study at church.
Wissinoming Bible Fellowship Church

 I picked up Debbie and then we went to get Dottie.  Poor Dottie had a fall last week on her way to church and ended up in the hospital.  She has a lump on her forehead, stitches around her eye, a black eye, a broken right wrist, and bruised hip among other bangs and bruises.  She is 90 years old and gets very upset if she has to miss church.  We stopped at her house (a block from the church), Debbie walked her down the steps and got her in the car, and we drove her over and walked her inside.  She was so happy to be there.  If you pray, please pray for Dottie's recovery.

After dropping Dottie off back at her home, Debbie and I headed downtown.  I had an appointment with the Board of Pensions to sign up for my Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP).  I am now officially on my way to retirement.  It is a four year plan where the city puts money away for you and when you retire you get it back with interest.  A nice plan with a big chunk of money when you leave.

The Board of Pensions is in Two Penn Center.  And while I don't mind driving in Center City, parking is something else.  Debbie and I were praying for a spot and were able to find one just two blocks from the building.  Thank you, Lord!



 The view from the 16th floor office was spectacular.  I so wanted to pull out my camera and take a shot, but I refrained.  It wouldn't have looked too good in my interview.  But the view is seared on my brain.

I wanted someone to come with me on the drive, but I also didn't have time to drop Debbie off and get down there in time for my appointment.  So it worked out just fine.

Next I took Debbie home and then went home to get something to eat and get my things together to go to work until 8 p.m.  I got to work at 2:30 and they were very happy to see me.


Richmond Library from Mercer Street

 You know I was tired when I got home.  Tuesdays Joe cooks for me and he had hamburgers ready when I walked in the door.  They were good.  He even put sauteed mushrooms and chopped onions on them.  Such a good husband.

Now it's off to work for another day.  And after work I have a dentist appointment.  Fortunately it's just for a cleaning and everything is fine (as far as I know).  The rest of the week is busy too.  I'll be glad when I see Saturday come!

Kathy


2 comments:

  1. I love to see pictures of your town Kathy. Sounds like you were a busy girl. Thank goodness Joe can cook and have some nice food ready. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands can be such a blessing! It is wonderful that Joe does that for you.It was my pleasure to help you and Dottie. Glad we found that parking space.You really are one busy lady! I'd need a nap...Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.