Tuesday, September 3, 2013

LABOR DAY



What a rainy, miserable day it was today.   I read back over past Labor Days and for the past few years it always rains on Labor Day.  I don't know why that is.  But today lived up to that.  In fact, we had thunder and lightning to go with the rain.


I guess it was the dreary weather, but I spent most of the day sleeping.  I am not usually like this, and I have tons to do this week, but I just could not stay awake.  I was so glad I had today off from work so that I could sleep.  Ah, the joys of staying home.

The only thing I did was to run to RiteAid this afternoon to get some bottled water.  Of course, knowing me, you probably know that I didn't buy just a case of water.  Oh, RiteAid, why do you have such cute fall decorations at half price?  I saw that the little scarecrow I bought last week was a girl and I found the boy to match.  For $2 you know I had to get it.  And we got some more of the cranberry and nut trail mix.  It's so good.

I made sirloin steak, potato salad and cauliflower for dinner.  It wasn't a very colorful plate, but it sure was good.

School starts for the kids here next week (Sept 9).  So you can be sure it will be busy this week at the library.  Everyone will be trying to get the last of their assigned summer reading done.  I am working at the McPherson Square library this week.  At least it's a short week.  I think that this month will finally be the end of sending people over there.  I will be glad to get my full staff back and actually be able to get our work done at Richmond.

It did finally clear up here in the afternoon and we had a gorgeous sunset.




 Hope you all have a good night.

T-Storm
Monday -- Thunderstorms
High:  83 degrees at 4:45 p.m.
Low:  73 degrees at 12:25 p.m.
Sunrise:  6:29 a.m.
Sunset:  7:32 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have a Labor Day festival called Bumbershoot.
    Bumbershoot means umbrella! We get rained on, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the flags header you got. Really neat. I rather enjoyed hearing the pitter patter of the rain. It made me a little sleepy too.
    Went to the shelter (PSPCA) today & it was super doing lasundry & giving out blankets. It warms my heart to see the elderly curled up on quilts. The animals
    appreciate all those who donate blankets,towels etc. Lottsa puppy love to all donors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.