Sunday, September 1, 2013

T-SHIRT SUNDAY

Each year at the church I attend Labor Day weekend is T-Shirt Sunday.  We all get together and wear our church t-shirts.  It's a lot of fun.  Today was also special because we had our first fellowship time before church began.  Several people brought in cookies and cakes and we all had a chance to just sit there and talk with each other.


As you can see Joe and I dressed alike.  We had the new (black) t-shirts on, but a lot of people were also wearing the old (blue) ones. I couldn't find my black one and so was going to wear the blue one, but at the last minute it showed up.  *smile*



Pastor Justin asked if anyone had a camera so he could get some pictures to post on facebook.  Of course blogger Kathy was happy to oblige.
 

Elder Rich and Peter were having quite a nice conversation.  You can see some of the goodies on the table.
 

Pastor Justin and Elder Bud getting ready to start the service.
 

Pastor Justin greeting everyone wearing his t-shirt and a huge grin.
 

Jonathan leading worship time (also wearing his t-shirt).

Yes, T-Shirt Sunday was a big success!

And here it is the first of September already. Summer is winding down and autumn is around the corner.  To celebrate I bought a pumpkin pie for dessert for dinner tonight.

And when I changed the towels in the bathroom I put up the harvest gold washclothes.


I have so many fun things planned for September and I can't wait to share them all with you.

 Partly CloudyPartly cloudy
High:  90* at 2:45 p.m.
Low:  73* at 6:25 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:28 a.m.
Sunset:  7:33 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. It really seems like everyone had
    a great time. You & Joe look so cute together!
    I usually change my bathroom decor but think I'll wait another week. I'm still enjoying the butterflies....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.