Sunday, September 22, 2013

BACK TO LANCASTER


As I mentioned last time, Lisa at Haggar Clothing found Joe's  lost ring at Rockvale Mall so it was back to Lancaster.  I wanted to get an early start, but as usual on "Kathy time" that didn't happen.  We both overslept.

First we went to RiteAid and got a thank you card for Lisa.  She really went above and beyond tracking down the ring and holding it for Joe.  It was so sweet of her.  When Joe gave her the card (and $20 in it) she didn't even want to take it and ended up giving him a hug.

After RiteAid we went over to Wawa and bought breakfast.  We came home, ate and then headed out.  It was a much faster trip than on Monday.
 

And we knew we were there when we saw the farms.  Going to Lancaster County always feels like we are going home.  We would love to live there if only we could afford it.

After getting the ring we drove around to see what other stores were in Rockvale.  We ended up at Lenox.  I wasn't going to go in, but Joe encouraged me, so we did.


I ended up spending more money than I had planned.  But they had a rack of huge shopping bags.  Any home items you could fit into the bag was 25% off.  Since it's an outlet, the items are already discounted, so I got a real bargain.  I collect the "Midnight Cats".  When my sister and I were there in July I got one of the cats that I didn't have, but couldn't afford the second one.  It was $25.  Today I got it for $17 plus the 25% off.  Yay for me!  I also got a gift for my neighbor that watched my Jenny cat while we were away and a couple of gifts for my sister for Christmas.  So even though I spent a lot, I got gifts and that is always good.

We went back to Hershey Farm because I wanted to get some bread to bring home and some of their great peppermint puffs that I can't find anywhere else.  I also got some apple butter for my neighbor.

We were going to eat dinner there but there was a 35-45 minute wait.  It had started to rain by this time and we didn't want to wait that long to start back home.  So we ended up going to the restaurant that I had wanted to go to on Tuesday, but we never got there. 


What a good choice that was.  It is a little diner run by an Amish family.  Everyone in there is Amish.  There were even Amish people coming in to eat.  And a lot of repeat customers because they were saying hello to the waitresses and there was a chorus through the room of "Good to see you again.  How are you?"   Both Joe and I got the meatloaf.  Oh my, so good.  It came with mashed potatoes and gravy and another vegetable.  Joe had carrots and I had applesauce.  The food was wonderful and the prices were so good.  We are definitely going back again.

So then it was back home.  It was pouring rain and the traffic was very slow.  A lot of stop and go.  It took 30 minutes to go 10 miles.  But then it opened up and I made up some of the time.  Once again Joe slept the whole way home.  I'm getting used to this.  I just listened to the news station on the way home.

Just one more picture to show you.  I bought this pumpkin candle holder at Rite Aid this morning (50% off) and got this little fall pumpkin figure at Lenox.  They look so cute together.  Just a little more cleaning and decorating to do tomorrow and the living room will be all finished.


And now to bed so that I can get up for church tomorrow.  It never ends in my life.

Light RainSaturday -- cloudy in the morning, rain in the afternoon and evening
High: 81 degrees
Low:  54 degrees
Sunrise:  6:47 a.m.
Sunset:  6:59 p.m.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great day!
    Plus, Joe got his ring back.

    Enjoy your Sunday, thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Fall" pumpkin figure.
    Is that a squirrel on the pumpkin?
    Cute!!
    Glad Joe got his ring back.I can understand about wanting to live there.Peace & quiet..ha ha!
    Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a squirrel. I don't know why the colors came out so badly. But you'll see it in person on Saturday.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a good and safe time on your trip to Lancaster, getting Joe's ring. There used to be a Lenox store in our outlet mall but it's been gone awhile. There were some nice things in there, miss it but guess it's ok since I really don't need anything! :-) Have a good week! It's raining here. A tree branch fell at church onto someone's pick up cuz of the wind. Broke the outside passenger mirror, still hanging though. Sigh! Fall begins in Oregon. PA is a beautiful state and would enjoy going back one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You had a busy day but it sounds like it was fun. You got some deals and that's a plus. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say I run on Angie Time all the time! I'm always late and rushed. It drives me crazy but I've came to accept that it is just who I am.

    Sounds like your day out with Joe was fun! I've always wanted to come to PA and visit one of the Amish Villages. I always thought it would be so interesting.

    You are making me look bad. I have yet to put up one single Fall decoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, come visit me. I'd love to take you to the Amish part of PA.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.