Saturday, September 21, 2013

IT'S BEEN A ROUGH FEW DAYS

 

I am going to stop taking vacation in September.  Everything always seems to go wrong each year.  I won't go into details, but let me say that if it could go wrong, it did.

Thursday morning I went to church to lead a Pre-school story time and no one showed up.  That's OK.  It was the first one.  I'm sure it will go better next time.  I planned four of them and will evaluate things after the fourth one to see if I will continue or give it up as a bad idea.

I left church and ran over to Deb's house.  We were going to have lunch together and she was going to help me straighten things up a bit before the visiting nurse came.

But first a plumber came to give us an estimate on a new heater.  I was upstairs getting Joe ready so Deb had to let him in.  Then I was running up and down the stairs trying to get Joe dressed on the second floor and trying to talk to the plumber in the basement.

The plumber left, I made lunch and then a second plumber came.  I was down in the basement with him when the visiting nurse showed up.  She looked at Deb and said, "Mrs. S....?"  She said no, pointed at me and said, "She is."  So then she started talking to Joe.  I got an estimate from the second plumber and he left.

The nurse was going to be awhile so I took Deb home and came back.  A half-hour later as the nurse was leaving there was a knock on the door.  A guy was outside trying to sell us on a new electrical service.  I told him I wasn't interested.  He said, "You're not interested in saving money?"  I said, "No, I'm really not.  I have more money than I know what to do with and I'm looking for a way to spend it.  But thanks for asking."  You should have seen the look on the guy's face!

It was a crazy day.

But on a happy note, the mall we were at in Lancaster found Joe's ring.  Lisa, the sales person that waited on us in Hagar, is holding it for Joe.  So it's back to Lancaster tomorrow to get it.  I really don't feel like taking that long drive again, but I understand Joe wanting his ring back.  I also found Joe's keys for the front door and the car which he has been missing for two months now.  So maybe things are turning around?

Friday I went to a Library Assistant supervisor's meeting for work.  It was nice seeing some of my friends that I hardly ever see anymore and meeting some of the supervisors for the first time.  There was a lot of controversy over the changes coming to the library.  People are not happy.  I'm glad my time there is limited.

I took the rest of the day off to finish up my vacation.  I stopped into the library and talked to my staff about the meeting.  I also went through the things on my desk so I'm all prepared to go back to work on Monday.  I hate to leave Joe alone while he is still injured, but he is doing so much better and will be having the nurse visit each day so I feel he will be OK with me just coming home at lunch or dinner time.

For some reason I wake up around 4:30 a.m. everyday, I am up for awhile, and then go back to sleep.  So now it's around 5:00 a.m. and I am going to try to get some more sleep before my long drive.  Hopefully I will have some more pictures for you next time.



SunnyThursday -- sunny
High:  77 degrees
Low:  48 degrees
Sunrise:  6:45 a.m.
Sunset:  7:02 p.m.


SunnyFriday -- sunny
High:  80 degrees
Low:  54 degrees
Sunrise:  6:46 a.m.
Sunset:  7:00 p.m.

3 comments:

  1. I must say you do cram a LOT into your day!Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it.
    The long drive may not be what you planned but I'd try to turn it into better. Why not plan a lunch?
    Not in Lancaster but maybe someplace on the way home? A place you may have been tempted to try? Or when was the last time you got something from that little deli by the old Drug Emporium?
    Hoping you have a day filled with God's surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad about the visiting nurse! That must be a relief.
    OK Joe... I'm rooting for ya!

    Sometimes life isn't fair but God will reward you because you are faithful. I'm looking forward to see what He has in store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life is not easy. Glad Joe's ring was found. Do you think the store person could send you the ring and you pay shipping, easier than driving? Life is a journey and there are times when the going gets rough. Don't lose hope. Hang in there and be strong in the Lord, my friend. Hugs to you and Joe! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.