Monday, September 2, 2013

BANANA MUFFINS

What to do with bananas that are almost over the edge?  Why make banana muffins of course.  We had two that would be no good in a day or so and I don't like them when they get that ripe.  I looked all over the internet and found a recipe on allrecipes.com that said it was easy enough for children to make.  That's for me.  And I must say it was one of the easiest recipes I have ever used.

Joe helped me with mixing the batter.  OK, I'll admit it.  I measured and HE mixed the batter.  But when you are married to a baker that's the way to go.

They turned out really good.  And now instead of two rotten bananas, I have a dozen great muffins.  Here's the recipe for you.

BANANA MUFFINS
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or use paper liners.  Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2.  Combine bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl.  Fold in flour mixture and mix until smooth.  Scoop into muffin pan.

3.  Bake in preheated oven.  Bake mini muffins for 10-15 minutes and large muffins for 25-30 minutes.  Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.

Makes 12 muffins or 48 mini muffins.




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kathy those banana muffins look so delicious! I have not started baking yet still to hot, but when we get our first cold front.. this is one of my first recipes I am trying.. XOXO Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe, Kathy, I will have to try it. Such a lucky gal, married to a baker. ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, My daughters would make banana bread with them.. can you believe I have never made that. I used to make nut breads. You were wise not to waste food. The muffins look very good. When Princess William and Kate were married...my granddaughter wanted to start calling our muffins, crumpets. She so funny. Blessings Kathy, I know it's back to work for you.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.