Friday, September 27, 2013

A PLEASANT DAY

Photo 

I borrowed this picture off of facebook.  Isn't it cute?  Some people love their coffee, but I love my morning cup of tea.  Yes!  And I'm going to get my cup as soon as I am off of here.

I was so surprised that yesterday was such a pleasant day at work.  There are so few of them that having one is so nice.  The people coming in were so appreciative of everything we did to help them, even the ones with major problems.  The kids were loud, but not over the top, even the staff had smiles on their faces and a good mood.  I can only hope today is as good.  It should be since the weekend is almost here.

I am having a mini meeting this morning to catch my staff up on the changes going on in the library system.   This will be the first time in 5 months that we will all be together at the same time.  I can only hope that this will be the norm soon.  Oh please let it be soon.

Our friend, Jim, from church came over yesterday to visit with Joe.  Joe said they had such a good time.  After Jim left, Joe went next door and visited with our neighbor, Bea.  Bea has diabetes and has had to have both of her legs amputated.  She doesn't get out a lot and I'm sure gets lonely.  That was so nice of him to think of her and give her a visit.

I got a lot done yesterday before I left for work because it was my late day.  Not so much today when I have to be in early.  I think I'll have only the time to put the trash out before I leave.

Last night I stopped at ShopRite on the way home from work.  I was just going to pick up a chicken and potato salad for dinner, but saw they were having a 99 cent frozen vegetable sale and filled up.  My freezer is now full of corn on the cob, rice with veggies, sweet potatoes, peas, chopped onions, and more.  I am one happy girl.  I saw some other great sales (like a loaf of rye bread for 94 cents) and came home a half hour later with six bags of groceries for $35.  Yay for me!

I found out through an email yesterday at I have 26 followers on a place called feedspot.com.  They are all men and I am wondering why a bunch of men from all different countries are following me and reading about my life.  This seems very strange to me and I am not real comfortable about it.  Has anyone else heard of this place?  And if you are one of my feedspot readers would you please comment and tell me why you are following me?  (I like cooking, decorating, find your life interesting, etc.)  I always said when blogging stops being fun, the blog goes.  Hmm...

I'd better get off of here, put out the trash, get breakfast, feed Joe, and get ready to leave for work.  I have an hour and a half to do this.  Will I make it?  We'll see.


This weekend will be very busy, but I hope to do some posts with some great pictures of the fun stuff.  In spite of all the work ahead of me, I am looking forward to the next few days.

Got to run.  Until later...

Mostly SunnyThursday -- mostly sunny
High:  74 degrees
Low:  52 degrees
Sunrise:  6:52 a.m.
Sunset:  6:50 p.m.

5 comments:

  1. Cathy, I received the same email from someone named Anuj? I was very upset but honestly think it is a legitimate feeder or whatever they call it. Anuj (don't know if it is a male/female but think male) had some thing going on Pinterest which was just shut down. I never had any issues or problems. Right now I am letting it go, but will be on top of it and I have a tech savvy buddy looking into it for me. I have the exact same concerns as you do! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara, it was Anuj for me too and I also think it is a male. I wrote back to him and said I was annoyed by his actions and he told me that because I have a public blog with RSS feed there is nothing I can do about it. I am so glad you have someone to look into it. Please let me know what you find out.

      Delete
  2. What a nice guy, (Jim not Anju), to stop by and visit your neighbor!

    I use to play the "game", Beat the Clock, before I left for work. Sometimes I would and sometimes I wouldn't. Hope you did.

    Sure wished we had a ShopRite. You bought some good deals!!
    I always enjoy a full freezer and refrig.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am happy with my buys. I have to do a full shopping this weekend, but I grabbed the sale while I could. Oops, Joe visited our neighbor, not Jim. Jim visited Joe. Guess that didn't come out right in the post. But yes, Jim is a nice guy to keep Joe company. Joe was very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it. It now reads the way it should have. I should have proofread before I published.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.