Thursday, September 5, 2013

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Even though this is a short work week it seems so very L-O-N-G.  Maybe it's because I'm not at my home branch and the work at McPherson Square is so much harder than I'm used to.  I have so much work waiting for me once I get back to Richmond too.  I guess that is in the back of my mind also.  But maybe it's also the nice weather we have been having.  Our local news rated yesterday a 10 on a scale of 1-10.  And I had to be inside all day.

That and getting my house under control before the weekend.  There is so much to do here too.  It never seems to end. 

This Saturday I am having my "End of the Summer Cookout."  I began this when I moved into my house 33 years ago.  For many years I did it every year.  When I married Joe we started having a theme -- luau, country fair, down the shore, and even Woodstock on the 30th anniversary of the event.  But it cost so much (hundreds of dollars) that we couldn't maintain it and for the past few years we actually had to give it up.  We talked about it this year and decided we would do it again, but on a low scale.  So we invited 8 people instead of our usual 20 and don't have a theme.  This way we don't have to buy lots of things like leis or mason jars to drink out of, etc.  It should still be a lot of fun.

We had crab cakes, fries and buttered corn for dinner last night.  I was looking online to see what to have as my side dishes.  One website said NEVER serve crab cakes with cole slaw and another one said the PERFECT side dish was cole slaw.  Ha, ha.  I think the best thing to have is what you enjoy eating.

I think I'm going to end and go back to bed.  I tend to wake up around 3:00 - 3:30 every morning and it takes about an hour for me to go back to sleep.  But I'm getting tired now so I think I can get a few more hours of sleep before heading back to work.  Until later...

SunnyWednesday -- sunny
High:  82 degrees at 2:25 p.m.
Low:  63 degrees at 5:45 a.m.
Sunrise:  6:31 a.m.
Sunset:  7:29 p.m.
Daylight is 2 minutes shorter each day.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. The best thing to have is what you enjoy eating.
    After all,somebody somewhere started the cliche trends ie
    meatloaf+mashed potatoes,fish & fries etc.Who knows? Yours may be
    "the next big thing!" Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your menu, Kathy. And it is true, eat what you love, make your foodie traditions. Hope work settles down for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tradition! And entertaining should NOT be expensive! Pot lucks where everyone contributes are always lots of fun. My niece is getting married next Saturday and her wedding reception is - a pot luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.