Sunday, September 15, 2013

BACK TO BEING PUBLIC

OK folks, I tried.  But being a private blog just did not work for most of my readers.  So I am back to being public and we will just see how this works out.

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, but things have been really busy.  On Thursday I had my root canal finished.  Finally!  And it seems to be OK this time.  It's a little sensitive, but no infection so far.  Yes!

After I got off from the dentist I called work, told them I would not be in again, and after having lunch headed for the hospital.  I got there about 2:00 p.m.  Joe was napping.  He said he had gotten about 2 hours sleep.  The guy in the room with him had the TV on full blast all night and was going in and out of the bathroom at 4 a.m. and talking to him.  Besides that the neurologist and physical therapist had examined him and put him through a lot of tests and he had x-rays on his shoulder and a second CT scan on his brain.

Around 3 p.m. the two doctors from the day before came in.  They said that he would have to stay another day, but his epilepsy medicine was not in the hospital.  He hadn't had any the day before and asked if I could go home and get it and bring it back because the hospital couldn't get any for a few days.  It's 12 miles each way and I didn't want to get caught in rush hour, so I headed home (heavy traffic), grabbed the medicine, a button down shirt for him because he couldn't put on his t-shirt, and a book we are reading.  Then headed back for "rush hour in Philly", not a thing anyone in their right mind would want to do.  I got back around 5:30 p.m., gave the medicine to the nurse, and got him his dose.  Then dinner came and I helped to feed him.  He wanted to get washed up and brush his teeth, so he asked the nurse if he could get up with my help and she said yes, so I helped him into the bathroom, had him sit down on the seat in the shower area, and got him washed up.

We were just finishing when the orthopedic doctor came in.  He examined Joe and said it was OK with him to send Joe home that night or he could go in the morning.  Of course Joe said he wanted to go home.  So by the time all the paper work was done it was 8:30 p.m. when we left.

I love driving through the city at night.  It is so beautiful. Pictures just don't do it justice. And even though the roads were still crowded, at least it wasn't rush hour.


Benjamin Franklin Bridge over the Delaware River
We got home and I got something to eat and then got Joe settled into bed.  I went to bed too because I had to work on Friday.

I hated to leave Joe alone on Friday, but came home for lunch at 1:00 p.m. and made sure he was OK.  I had left the phone, TV remote, newspaper, books, snacks and water within easy reach of him.  He was in a lot of pain from his fractured shoulder and bruises, but he's such a good sport about things.  I had to go back to work, made sure everything on my desk was cleaned up, and came back home at 5:00 p.m.  He was OK, but I just didn't feel good about leaving him alone even though he had slept all day.

We are having a home inspection coming up and the house is a mess.  I have spent hours cleaning up and still have so much more to go.  This was all on my to do list but I expected to have three months to do it, not three days.  The bedroom is almost done and so is the living room.  I still have a lot to do, but I see things getting done and that is a good thing.

Joe had me take pictures of his bruises so he could see how badly he was banged up.  It's bad.  And every day new bruises show up.  His shoulder and back are the worst, of course, but his legs, knees, back and neck and other arm are also badly bruised.






He has to wear a sling to immobilize his arm for the next six to eight weeks.  And since he is right handed this is hard for him.  Of course, he automatically tries to reach for things with it or hold things.  It's hard.

Tomorrow is our 7th wedding anniversary.  We both went to church this morning.  I had our friend Bud take a picture of us standing at the front of the church where we took our marriage vows seven years ago.  Very cool.


September 16, 2006
September 15, 2013
Poor Joe.  Every anniversary he gets sick.  He was even sick on our wedding day.  Sometime I'll tell you about all of that.

As we left church I saw that the dogwood tree had started to turn colors.

Yes, fall is right around the corner.

And now I am going to get off of here, make dinner and do some more cleaning.  This is one way to make me get the house under control.

Thanks for reading and I'll try to check in tomorrow.

Partly Cloudy Saturday -- Mostly cloudy
High:  68 degrees at 2:45 p.m.
Low:  53 degrees at 11:45 p.m.
Sunrise:  6:40 a.m.
Sunset:  7:10 p.m.

Partly Cloudy Sunday -- Partly cloudy
High:  74 degrees at 3:25 p.m.
Low:  61 degrees predicted
Sunrise:  6:41 a.m.
Sunset:  7:09 p.m.

Yes, fall weather is here.  No more 80 degree days.  It's chilly and I put on the fire in the stove last night! 









6 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! What an ordeal! I have to go back and read what happened to Joe!

    Your city is beautiful and one I have never seen. Perhaps one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. Sorry to hear that Joe is in bad shape. Looks like our fall weather is upon us as well. Rain and clouds all week. Last week was hot. Have a good week and praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that things are improving--will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Back!
    My heart goes out to you and Joe!!

    Joe, I hope and PRAY that you feel better soon. It must be very frustrating.

    Kathy, I am PRAYING for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're back! Great the root canal is ok.
    I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers.
    Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too had to end up changing my blog back to public. For some reason being private didn't work for most of my readers either.

    Poor Joe, those bruises look terrible. I'm sure he is very glad to be back home though. Hospitals are the worst place in the world to try to rest.

    I love your pic you all took at church. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.