Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'M SO TIRED

I haven't been ignoring you, folks, but I'm just so tired.  I have been working, running home at lunch time to feed Joe, going back to work, and then trying to make my house perfect for the visiting nurse, physical therapist, and social worker.  I have never claimed to be a housekeeper and the house shows it.  It is lived in.  It has things around.  It is not perfect.  The people coming in want it perfect.  Like out of Better Homes and Gardens.  Nothing laying on any tabletop.  Walls freshly painted.  Perfectly decorated.  I am not that type of person and a "war" has begun which, unfortunately, puts Joe is in the middle.

The result of all of this is that I come home, make dinner, and fall asleep on the sofa.  Sometimes I just sleep there all night.  And then the next day I get up around 6:00 start all over again cleaning before I go to work.

Joe is slowly healing.  His knees are looking good, but his arm, shoulder, back and hip are still bruised and very painful. He is getting impatient to be rid of the sling and I don't blame him one bit.

Can you believe that Christmas is three months from today?  OK, where did the year go?  August seemed to move so slowly and deliciously with wonderful summer days.  September has moved like a speeding bullet train.  Whoosh and it's gone.

It's going to be a busy weekend.  Debbie is coming over on Saturday to help me again.  What a good friend she is to give up her weekends for me.  It's also the Fall Festival at Greensgrow Farm and Harvest Day at church.  I have to go food shopping too and get to either Walmart or Target to get a new SD card for my camera.  Oh boy!  I'm going to need October to come just to relax some.

I am so tired that I am just going to end on that note.  Really nothing much to report, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still around.  Have a good night, friends.

Partly CloudyPartly cloudy
High:  73 degrees
Low:  54 degrees
Sunrise:  6:51 a.m.
Sunset:  6:52 p.m.
An equal amount of daylight and night.

12 comments:

  1. Seeing all you do in print ,,,,wow! It makes me tired just reading it. I am very glad that I can help in some small way.
    It's good to hear that Joe is mending. I can understand about the sling.
    My husband had a sling for his surgery on three torn ligaments. After the first week he was ready to take it off! Not! Scared me half to death to come back from an errand to find him vaccuming with hios good arm....oh well...
    Stay strong ,Kathy. I'm praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that about vacuuming. Joe wants to do the same thing. I told him NO!

      Delete
  2. Glad to know you are OK and that Joe is getting better.
    I shook when you said Christmas is 3 months away.
    Get some good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I am surprised that you aren't bald...all those demands would have me pulling my hair out. You are lucky that your friend is willing to help you. Give her a hug. Wishing Joe a recovery that is speedy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! Just do the best you can - that's all you CAN do! Pace yourself. This has been a tough month for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a tough month, but a fun one too with our end of the summer cookout and our anniversary. Even though I'm working hard on the house this weekend, I think I will still be having some fun.

      Delete
  5. My you have a busy life! Be brave, face one task at a time and you will make it through. It is so wonderful to have good friends. Love to you and Joe - Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, GrandmaSue. Glad you visited my blog! Hope you like it enough to come back.

      Delete
  6. Stay strong:0 Vitamins help me a lot. They boost me and give me that extra energy I find myself needing sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Jeriel. I'm going to stop at the drug store and get some.

      Delete
  7. Bless your heart Kathy, I don't know how you remain sane. You have so much on your shoulders right now. You are definitely one strong woman and Joe is one lucky man. Glad to hear he is healing. I know all about slings, they are horrible. Hope he gets it off sooner than later.

    Try and rest friend. Sounds like you have a busy weekend coming up too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie. It has not been a lot of fun, I'll tell you that. I don't see how anyone's house could pass the nurse's strict level unless you have a professional cleaner and don't live in the house.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.