Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A QUICK NOTE...

I'm about to get ready for work (it's my late day) and so this has to be quick.  I just wanted to let everyone know that FINALLY the antibiotics have kicked in and I am doing much better.  I am still taking some aspirin, but not every four hours anymore and I can sort of chew if I am careful.  Cold things help me a lot, so I got a small container of vanilla ice cream yesterday.  When that is gone, I should be OK.  Don't want to be eating too much of it because I am lactose intolerant.  So I have to dose myself up to eat what I do.

I got a call from the dentist's office this morning to remind me about my appointment on Thursday morning.  As if I could forget!

One of the ladies in my church went to be with the Lord on July 5th.  She was 100 years old and if she had lived to July 30th would have been 101.  Such a sweet lady and she will be sorely missed.  Please pray for comfort for Mary's family.  The funeral is tomorrow.  I have to work so I can't attend, but Joe will be there.

Last night we went to Sonic so I could get a lemon slush.  It was good and just the right thing to have with my sore mouth.  We didn't hang around there long, though.  It was more comfortable at home in the air conditioning than sitting in the car with the windows open.

So that's a quick catch up.  I have to go shower, dress, and get dinner ready so I can just pop it in the oven when I get home from work at 8:30 p.m.  And I just have an hour to do it because I've been on the phone with my friends all morning.  Oh well, that's important too -- keeping in touch with people.

Enjoy your day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you've turned the corner on your pain! Y'all eat late dinners like we do! People are living longer now, aren't they? My mother doesn't want to be 100 but she is so healthy she just may! She's 87 now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear. Ice cream solves everything that is what I tell my hubby. but he won't listen to me.. he is off on vacation. and that's why I haven't been visiting blogs.. right now he is out for a bike ride. and I get a break from him.. LOL I hope you have a fantastic day Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear the antibiotics kicked in. Hopefully by this time tomorrow all will be attended to.
    I will pray for comfort for them. Losing someone is always hard no matter the age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better and the antibiotics worked. Sure, ice cream is a good cure and chocolate, in my book, is the best (tee hee) Hope you had a good day, my friend. And have a relatively good appt at the dentist on Thurs.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I just got back to your blog..lost some when I hit the wrong thing...geech. It's Thursday morning so I am praying for you girl. I hope the dentist can help you today...not drag this out...but if you have infection...it may takes a while. So be brave Kathy. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.