Thursday, July 18, 2013

IT'S A SAD DAY

Today (Wednesday) was the day I go in late to the library.  So I was checking my facebook before I left for work.  My cousin had posted that my uncle was being removed from the ventilator he has been on for a couple of weeks and didn't have long to live.  This is my dad's last remaining brother.

All day I have been communicating with my cousins by facebook, email and phone.  It is so sad.  He now has pneumonia and there is nothing the hospital can do for him.  He has been moved to hospice and is slowly being weaned from all of his drugs.  They are making him as comfortable as possible and give him a week at most to live before he just quietly slips off to be with Jesus.  Right now he is in a coma and has just oxygen, but is breathing on his own.

From what my cousin Essie said on the phone this afternoon it is a lot like when my dad died.  It has brought up all kinds of memories and feelings for me and I am having a hard time with it.

Please pray for my Uncle Nick and his family.  My Aunt Esther died about 20 years ago, so they are losing their only parent.  It is so very hard for them.

I am going to try to go see him this week, but with the overtime I am working this week I don't even know if I will get there.  I am going to try.

5 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry for what you are going through.And the family! At times like this memories do stir. It's like all the pain all over again.I will be praying for them &
    you. If you need anything (including a shoulder or for venting) I am here. Do not hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, so sorry about your uncle.
    Your family will be in my prayers. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Holy Smokes Kathy! I totally know the emotions your living with. So super sad. It's surreal losing that generation as me and my younger sister were talking about that tonight, because we are the next generation after them.
    God bless you guys and my GOD give you comfort and for the rest of your extended family the strength and peace.

    Hugs, VIola

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry.....
    Prayers for peace and comfort for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, So sorry to hear of your Uncle's cindition. May God ease the pain for all of you. It's so sad to lose our parents, aunts, uncles, and all their friends. When our parent's generation has passed on...it's as if we are orphans. No older person to hug us or hold us. It makes me sad. Thinking of you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.