Sunday, July 14, 2013

I HAD PLANS

Oh the plans I had for today.  I was going to get up early.  The kitchen is a mess and I was going to scrub that baby down and empty the fridge, get all the dishes done and make it sparkle.  That was the plan.

The reality?  I got up early, but got sidetracked talking to Joe.  Then I went to check my email and see what was happening on facebook.  As I am doing this, my eyes actually closed, I fell asleep sitting up and banged my head on my laptop as I fell forward.  Ouch!  I figured I needed to lay down for a bit and woke up 6 hours later.  Yes, 6 hours!

Nothing got done.  Absolutely nothing.  Except that I slept.

I threw a load of wash in and got Joe and we went to McDonald's for dinner.  I was going to make macaroni and cheese for dinner, but we had no macaroni.  Nor did we have any other kind of pasta.  Rats!  We have not been to McDonald's in ages.  About a year I guess.  So this was a treat.  We just went through the drive-through and brought it home.



As we ate we read the passage for tomorrow (Genesis 6) in Hebrew and then listened to a message from Pastor Joe Focht at Calvary Chapel Philadelphia on it.  So we are all set to go to church tomorrow.

I have to hang the wash (yes, now our new dryer isn't working either!) and put a load of dishes in the dishwasher.  I am going to leave the ironing for tomorrow morning.  I am beat!  Don't know why I am so tired, but I am so I am going to go back to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, You may be tired from the stress over your tooth. Stress wears me out. I hope you can save your tooth. I know what you mean about "no" pasta in the house. Just when I think of something to fix for lunch or dinner....I have to look to see if I have everything. Take care. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture makes McDonald's look elegant! All lit up at night..
    Don't be too hard on yourself,figure you must have needed the sleep. Not to lay blame,but I think this heat has everyone kinda draggy.
    Love & hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling more awake today. I am going to take a nap this afternoon. I was working at the Relay for Life on Friday and part of Sat. Am tired from that. Portions of my house was a mess but it got fixed before dinner. Phil washed the dishes that needed washed, that weren't going into dishwasher. Of course I didn't mind. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes our bodies just MAKE us rest! Listen to it, you obviously need it.

    We eat McDonalds way too much. It's one of the "not good" perks of having kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.