Saturday, July 20, 2013

SATURDAY

Today I ended up sleeping most of the day.  I am so tired from working so hard this week and working overtime.  So everything I had planned to do got put to the side.  I am definitely going to have to get a move on next week and get myself together.  Maybe if I got to sleep at a decent hour....

It was another really hot day today.  So hot I didn't want to turn on the stove to cook.  We took a run to Sonic instead.  We ordered a brown bag (two cheeseburgers, two fries, two drinks) because we had a coupon for $8.99.  When we got the order it was $6.62.  That was a REALLY good price.  But as is usual with Sonic, they messed up the order.  I wanted a lemon slush and they gave me a lime.  I don't like lime flavor, but I'm drinking it anyway.  It's about low enough now that I am going to pour some lemonade in it and make it lemon-lime.

On the way home it started thundering and lightning.  We had been home only a short time when the downpour came.  And now for the first time in over a week it is in the 70s.  It feels so good.

I was reading facebook and I saw that my two aunts and my cousin Rich are on their way up from Florida for my uncle's funeral.  So I will get to see them.  Because, yes, I am taking the day off and going to the funeral.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts and comments.  I really meant a lot to me.

So on that note I will end for today.  Church tomorrow.  We are up to Genesis 7 -- the great flood.

Until later....


High at 3:05 p.m.  Partly cloudy and 93 degrees.Partly Cloudy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, you may have been tired from stress too. It wears me out to be stressed...I know I am to pray and let God carry my worries...but I have my Mom's big old worry gene.LOL I do pray on things ...sometimes all day long. I hope you get to be with your family, without the boss being upset. Blessings to you and your family. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.